Saturday, December 16, 2006

Gary, Joyce and daughter Miranda




This picture is for Sonya and Cheryl. It's a picture of Gary, Joyce and there daugher, Miranda. This was taken last Christmas. I will have Gary email new pix soon. We don't ever see them because they are in training to be Salvation Army Officers in New York. I don't know if I told you or not but Gary's weight had gotten up to 517 pounds so he made the decision to get the gastric bypass surgery. He actually almost died after the surgery and was on a ventilator for a week. The docs said it was a miracle that he made it. Gary says that when that happened, it was the moment that God called him to be an Officer. Gary has lost almost 300 pounds since his surgery 2 and a half years ago. This picture is from last year so I'm eager to see what he looks like now! He's like a completely different person........so full of energy and life! Thought you girls would like to hear about him.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow!! He looks great. I didn't even know he had a baby. Oh she is gorgeous. Thank you, I loved seeing that.

SamandSawyersMom said...

He has always been beautiful. He looks good. I'd be interested in seeing how training is going for him.

Crystal said...

I will have Shawn email him and see how he's doing, we haven't talked to him in a while. I think his daughter is gorgeous too!