Monday, January 8, 2007

KAYLA CAKES




This is a picture of a little girl that I used to watch when I did home daycare. Her name is Makayla and my nickname for her is Kayla Cakes. This little girl is my heart. I seriously loved this child as if she were my own. I started watching her when she was 8 weeks old until she moved away when she was 3. I had Makayla every day from 12 to 14 hours a day and sometimes thru the weekend. I basically raised her for that time. She was a huge part of our family. She called me mommy even though I would correct her and she called Shawn daddy. Her mom would be so upset that Makayla never wanted to leave with her. She made me feel like it was my fault and I would feel guilty. I finally realized it was just painful for Makayla's mom, Cheryl and that's how she dealt with it. When they moved away, I gave a letter to Makayla to read when she gets older and some framed pictures of me and her together. Cheryl emails me pictures of her and tries to stop by and see me when they are in town. They live in Michigan now. I seriously cried for days when they moved, I felt like I was a foster parent and the birth mom showed up and took her from me.......it was so extremely painful. I just wanted to share the pictures with you all!