Thursday, January 11, 2007

RECIPE FOR CARAMEL POPCORN

Pop 1/3 cup popcorn (kernels)

To make Caramel

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Put popped popcorn in a larg bowl and set aside. Combine remaining ingredients except baking soda in a 2 quart microwavable bowl. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute until it boils. Microwave 1 minute more. Stir in baking soda. Pour syrup mixture over popped corn and stir to distribute. Let cool before eating.

This is way better than any caramel popcorn you can buy at the store. If you make it, let me know how it turns out! The kids can help with it too!

3 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

JAMIE WANTS TO MAKE IT FOR OUR TRIP RIGHT JAMIE?? I TOLD HER THAT I DON'T REALLY EAT FATTENING STUFF BUT SHE INSISTED. THAT JAMIE!

Jamie said...

hahahahahahahah!!!!

Char said...

Oh YUM! I was hoping I'd find this recipe on your blog! It was SOOOO yummy! Thanks for making it Jamie!:)