Monday, January 1, 2007

RINGING IN THE NEW YEAR





Shawn called us from his friend Billy's house and said he was coming home to spend New Years with his family. He got home about 9:30 and it was hard for me to stay awake but I made it. We did our pots and pans lid tradition to ring in the new year together!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

You know what is so cool? That is what we did when we were little at Grandma and grandpa Slye's house. We still do the same thing. Did you know most people don't? They say "pots and pans??" I realized that it is not done much anymore. We do the same thing and Sammy loves it. He prepares his way before it is time.

Crystal said...

I know, I told Daws last night that me you and Cher used to run outside and bang the lids together!!! It was so much fun and I love to carry on the traditions!

Cheryl said...

We do it too. We can bring pots and pans back to New Year's if we spread the word.

Lura said...

Glad Shawn came home to spend it with you guys instead of his friends!

Crystal said...

Yeah, I told him he didn't have to esp since I was having trouble staying awake anyway but he came home anyway!