Sunday, February 25, 2007

FEELIN SO MUCH BETTER


Well I am finally feeling like myself again! I got sucked into a depression there for a while and I am convinced that it was from quitting smoking. By the way, yesterday was 3 weeks smoke free! Woo Hoo!

Thank you all for your support and prayers. I used to have a hard time showing sympathy to people who said they were stuggling with depression. I guess it was because I didn't understand it. Now I totally understand how it feels and boy is it awful. I feel guilty for feeling depressed too because I really had nothing happening to me to be depressed about. I mean there are so many people that I know who are going thru some rough times, emotionally, financially, medically etc. I on the other hand don't have any of those circumstances going on in my life at the moment so it seemed kinda selfish to whine about being depressed. Well, I am done whining and I thank you all for being there while I was! I'm sure it was hard on you! ha ha

I am feeling like my bubbly upbeat self again and I am so getting excited about Spring. I can't wait to start working in my yard and planting flowers and stuff. I LOVE working in my yard, I am so anal about it. I already have my flowers picked out that I am going to plant this year. Last year I did purple petunias but I am not planting those again. I think I am going to do different shades of pink Geraniums. Those are soooo pretty. I am going to do my red daylillies again too this year. I am also excited about Easter........I love that holiday. I love being reminded about how Christ died for me. It humbles me and keeps me motivated.

Today Dawson and I walked over to Borders book store. It's literally a 5 minute walk from my house. It was so nice outside, we both decided to walk and it was alot of fun. We spent about an hour at the bookstore and Dawson bought two new chapter books at his reading level......he was so excited and he's already finished one of the books. He LOVES to read and write and I hope he keeps that interest. Shawn's napping right now and I am doing laundry and getting ready for the week. I had a great weekend and I hope you all did too! Love you all!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad your feeling better. Spring is just around the corner!!!

Char said...

Glad you are feeling more yourself!
I sometimes feel like I don't have reason to feel depressed, but you know, everyone has problems and issues and such. It's really ok to feel that way sometimes! I try and let myself feel it and not feel guilty for feeling depressed. That only makes it worse! haha!
You garden sounds lovely! I can't wait to see the pictures you'll for sure post on here.
That's great Dawson loves to read! Jacob does too. Jacob is really into this series of books called "Warriors". It's about cats. When he was younger he liked the Magic Tree House books and the Magic School Bus books. What does Dawson like? Is he 7? My youngest, Travis, will be 7 in a couple weeks. I can hardly believe it! We should get together some time. I would love to go to the zoo down there sometime so maybe we can all meet down there and play!
Ok, well, have a great week!

Cheryl said...

I just ordered Ryan a bunch of the Magic School Bus books and he has 1 magic tree house but we haven't read it yet. I love to read and I can't wait until Ry can sit and read a whole book himself. It won't be long.

Crystal said...

He will be reading on his own next year! Dawson just started it this year in first grade! He has learned so much, it's amazing!

Crystal said...

I will definitely post pictures of my flower garden.........I work so hard on my flowers every year! Shawn even takes pride in taking care of them too. We love to watch them grow!

Dawson just now got into reading on his own so this is the first time he's actually started picking out books to read. I think I am going to make our walk to Borders a weekly event........it's so good for him!

I would love to get together with you at the Zoo or something that would be so much fun! I'm sure Travis and Daws would hit it off! Dawson is 7 and he will be 8 in September.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I am glad you are better. I have short periods (2 hours or less) of a blues time of thing but I do expect to have depression issues later since our whole family does.

I hate gardening. I would not know a Geranium from a Cranium! I couldn't care less. Good for you for getting into it. The sunshine is good for you.

The book store is fun but the library is cheaper especially if he reads them that fast. I PRAY that my children like to read. i am not convince yet that Sammy will be a reader. he loves to listen to books (10 in a row soemtimes) so maybe.

Tell Shawn Happy Birthday Sunday for me. Poor guy is so old!

Crystal said...

Oh I just love my garden! It makes me so happy!

I figure I am saving money by walking to the bookstore because I have to drive to the library and I am horrible about returning them on time so I get hit with fees and the books we bought at the bookstore were only 3 bucks.

Crystal said...

I will be sure to tell him! ha ha He'll get a kick out of that!