Wednesday, February 21, 2007

MY DAY

My doorbell rang this morning at 8 am and I thought to myself "Who in the world is ringing my doorbell this early in the morning?" I opened the door and it was my next door neighbor, Dana. She said "Let me in!" "I just fell walking over here!" ha ha She had slipped on some ice and fell on her butt on her way over to my house to give me money for cigarrettes. She gives money to Shawn for cigarettes because he drives to KY every other week and buys them because they are cheaper over there. I am so glad I didn't see her fall because I have a bad habit of laughing at people when they fall, I just can't help it!

Okay so I just got finished cleaning out my fridge and let me tell you, it was gross!! I can't tell you how many science projects we had goin on in there! I am horrible about letting my fridge get full of old gross foods. It's one of the things I neglect in my house because I know that when I clean out my fridge, I am going to have a slew of dishes to clean from all the old leftovers. I don't have a dishwasher so washing dishes totally stinks for me.

One time Shawn cleaned out the freezer and found foods dated for year 2000 and it was 2004 when he cleaned it out! ha ha You might want to double check the date on food when you come to my house to eat! ha ha JK

I have been very productive today. I totally took all of Dawson's bedroom furniture out of his room and cleaned and vaccumed and dusted and organized his whole room! Whew! That was exhausting. Little boys can be so messy and gross! He cleans his own room everyday but you know what that consists of from a 7 year old. They just don't do the job like mama does!

I also dusted and vaccumed everything in the house! I guess you could say I did some Spring cleaning a little early. I have really let my house go for the last couple of weeks because I was struggling with depression and all I did was lay around and sleep and eat.....I haven't been motivated to do much of anything. Today I felt a little better and was able to get alot done. I am still not a hundred percent but my dear cousin Cheryl says it's not supposed to last too much longer. I am definitely not picking up the filthy habit of smoking again because it has been torture to quit!

I am going to spend the night with my friend Carrie this weekend and I want to bring some stuff with me that will be nice for her or fun or whatever. I already have gifts for the baby but I want to bring some stuff for my Carebear (that's what I call her). Does anyone have any good suggestions on what I can bring with me to her house that would either be helpful for fun for her???

I also need ideas for a basket that Dawson's class will be raffling off at their carnival next month. Each class has to put together a basket of themed items to be raffled off and Dawson's class basket theme is Cartoons. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should donate for that??? I can't think of a thing! Help!

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh where to start...first of all buy the ziploc or glad containers, they are cheap and if they stay to long in the fridge you can just throw it away. I think you should donate a DVD of a cartoon, or stickers and coloring book of some character. For you and your friend, maybe a manicure set, you could give each other manicures, that is always relaxing. Or a good magazine and some chocolate. A movie and some popcorn and chocolate. New jammies and some chocolate. I think no matter what you go with it should include chocolate.

Crystal said...

Well now your speakin my language!!! I love jammies and I love chocolate..two of my obsessions! I will get right on that one!

Crystal said...

I do buy the Glad containers but I am just too cheap to throw them away! Do you think a DVD or coloring book would be creative enough to donate, it said we should be creative in our donations. I don't want them to end up with alot of the same things.

Cheryl said...

Get a character easter basket and fill it with stuff from that same show. I saw all kinds of them the other day...oh or Cars or Cinderella color magic. Those are awesome.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Creative? Fine, make oragami shapes of cartoon characters.

Crystal said...

Yeah right, Sonya! I want something creative that I can just go out and buy!

Lura said...

I like to take new moms something like lotion or Calgon bath stuff (take me away, ha ha). You could take her some of your caramel corn. I also have been giving them disposable camera's lately. They can keep them in the diaper bag and then it is always with them.

Crystal said...

I love the disposeable camera idea, Lura. Do you have any ideas for the cartoon basket??

Char said...

Cartoon basket - hmmm.... That's a tough one. Can you find anything Looney Toons or something like that? When I think of Cartoons, I think of that, or Tom and Jerry. hehe. Do they still make those matchbox cars that are Scooby Doo ones? Or some other matchbox cars with cartoon characters on them?

Lura said...

Only idea for the cartoon basket is Sponge Bob stuff. It is everywhere. Maybe an easter egg decorating kit w/ cartoon characters on it. They are cheap.