Monday, February 5, 2007

SMOKE FREE UPDATE

Well, I am still smoke free! It's weird though, I feel great AND I feel crappy! Part of me feels great (I can breathe better, I feel healthier, I smell better) and then the other part of me feels crappy.....(the cravings, the confusion, the dizziness, the coughing, the forgetfullness, lack of concetration etc.) So I feel great and I feel crappy! I do however, feel very PROUD, I am so proud of myself for doing this and I am so excited about becoming healthier..........even as I would be puffing away on my cigs, I would think about how dangerous it was and be scared of what I was doing to my body. But I still wouldn't stop. I have always been motivated by fear so when I got really scared the other night because I couldn't breathe, that was enough to make me quit!! Thank you so much for all the support. Now, if I can just get Shawn to quit........he never will though........he's just not mentally strong enough. I'm stubborn and will fight my way thru it whereas he will start feeling bad and give up. I am still going to try to convince him though. I am so excited about my new smoke free life!!!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

you go girl...you should be the worst of it now right? isn't the first 24 hours the worst? well good for you.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I am so proud of you. Keep it up~!!!!

Crystal said...

Actually, the first 3 days are supposed to be the worst. I do remember that from when I have quit in the past.......once I got thru the first 3 days, it was alot easier.

Char said...

Great job! You should be very proud!

Lura said...

Keep up the good work! You are doing a great thing for yourself and your kids!

Char said...

Does Shawn smoke in the house? If so, maybe you can atleast talk him into NOT smoking in the house??

Crystal said...

Shawn will smoke in the basement if it's really cold outside, there's a window down there that opens and he and I both would smoke there when it's too cold. He has smoked upstairs before, but I throw a fit so he doesn't do that at least when I am around. I always either went outside or down in the basement by the window. I don't want it anywhere in my house anymore!