Saturday, February 24, 2007

WHAT A FUN NIGHT.............

My plans changed at the last minute tonight. I went to pick up Dawson from the after school program and when I got there, they said that he'd vomitted a couple of times. I took him home and he threw up a few more times but then he seemed alot better. I don't know if it was a bug or something he ate. I called Carrie to tell her I was on my way and I told her about Dawson being sick. I told her I could still come over because I could just leave Daws home with Shawn still but it was up to her if she wanted me to come or not. I wasn't sure if I had been exposed to a stomach bug or not so I didn't know if I should go and be around the new baby. She told me that it was probably best if I didn't go, just in case.

Well since my plans with Carrie were canceled, I wanted to find something else to do because Dawson was so excited about his "boys only night" with daddy and I didn't want to ruin it. I called my friend Jenny that I used to work with and we got together.

I went to her apartment and then we went to dinner at a Mexican Restraunt. After we ate, we went to Jenny's sister Amy's house (I used to work with her too). We went to her house and Me, Jenny, Jenny's twin sis Alicia and her husband along with Amy and her husband played a bunch of board games! We had a blast! Amy just had a baby girl 10 weeks ago.........she is soooo adorable! Her name is Kennedy. I was so happy that I got to be around a baby afterall! I held her almost the entire time and I fed her! It was so much fun. I just got home and it's almost 2 am.

Shawn and Daws called me earlier and said they were having a great time. The house was a mess when I got home though! UGH! They watched a movie together, played a couple board games, played a computer game, made carmel popcorn and just hung out they are even sleeping together tonight, I am going to sleep in Dawson's bed since he's in my bed with daddy............Daws was just beaming when he was telling me about it all. I'm so glad they had a good time.

Here are some pictures of my night with Jenny!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you have had fun after all. Plus I think it was important for Dawson to have a fun night without you.

Crystal said...

Amen! He needs more time with just him and his dad that's why I was determined to get lost for the night! They had a blast!

Char said...

Sounds like you all had an awesome time! That's so neat that they still got to have their man night! hehe! That is so good for both of them.