Tuesday, April 10, 2007

MY WEEKEND

Okay, I have not been able to sit down and type a post lately because my little redhead boy has a webkin obsession at the moment! Oh my goodness, it's soooo bad that we had to tell him he had to take a break from it for the whole day today and do other stuff. He can get on it later on this afternoon though. Daws loves his webkin sooo much but it's totally consuming his thoughts right now! Since it's new to him, we had been letting him play the webkinz games a little more than we usually would but that doesn't even satisfy him! The rule is that our boys are not allowed on the computer when there's no adult around so I went to bed last night and Shawn wasn't home from work yet and Daws called Shawn on his cell three times to see when he'd be home so Shawn could log him back onto the webkinz site! UGH! We have the computer totally passworded so that the kids have to have us log them into it. I called Daws this morning and told him he had to clean his room and do his other chores before he plays webkinz and he started crying and freakin out so that's when Shawn and I decided to take it away from him for most of the day. Goodness gracious, I can't believe a ten dollar toy is causing so much excitement! HA HA

My oldest son, Cam likes to play starcraft so he wants to get on the computer alot too.....so, between the two of them, I am not getting as much computer time as I used to! Those two drove me nuts yesterday fighting over the computer so I finally shut it down and told them both to find something else to do! It's driving me batty! I can't til it's warm out so I can make them play outside, I hate when they want to sit in front of the computer or video games or t.v. all day........makes me crazy! Daws is usually outside all day when it's nice out because he loves to play outside with his friends so it will be interesting to see if he will still be obessessed with his webkin once it warms up!

Daws and I went to Sonya's house on Saturday. We were with her from 10:00 in them morning until 8:30 at night! We had a lot of fun though. We took the boys to an egg hunt at the Tricounty Vineyard........it was totally packed! There were 11,000 eggs and probably 15,000 kids! ha ha so, it was hard to move and it was extremely cold outside! I was freezing to death! Sonya (being the kind of person she is) told the boys that one of the items that was in their eggs was a prize winner. She had previously bought both boys a gift that she knew they liked and had me pretend to go back in to the their prize from the egg hunt! I had told Sonya that Dawson's favorite thing is notebooks! He loves them! His other obsession is to write.........he writes constantly. He loves to make up stories and draw pictures to go with it........he makes books for everyone he knows. So, that's what Sonya wrapped as his gift and when he opened it, you would have thought we gave him a million bucks! He screamed "Oh my gosh, a notebook, a notebook, How did they know I liked notebooks!" I don't think Sonya believed me when I told her he loved notebooks so by his reaction she knew I didn't make that up! ha ha She had also put some crayons and glue in with the notebook as well. He just loved it!

After the egg hunt, we went back to Sonya's house to feed the kids and get ready to go to a birthday party and dinner for someone at the Church. We fed the kids before we left so we wouldn't have to worry about them eating at the dinner. We had a nice dinner at the church and then Sonya and I took all the kids to the gym to play soccer and basketball! The kids had a blast! But you could tell that they were all out of shape from being cooped up in the wintertime. After the party, I went back to Sonya's house and helped her fill eggs for the hunt that she was in charge of at Church the next day. To be honest I can't even remember all the stuff I helped her with because she had sooo much to do, it made my head spin! ha ha Lets just say, I had to recuperate the next day! I was exhausted from spending a day in her busy life.............she amazes me! She is completely overextended as it is but she just keeps offering more and more help to everyone, it's incredible! I finally left Sonya's house around 8:30 and I went home and hid the baskets for the kids and went to bed..........I had to get up the next day early so I could make a caserole for Easter dinner at my inlaws. We had a very nice dinner with the Stephens family and all the kids played on the three computers with their new webkinz! I went to bed early that night..........I was worn out!

Well, that was my weekend in a nutshell! I am excited about Sonya's Secret sister idea............it should be fun! I like the idea of getting to know people better! I better go get some cleaning done.......I am sooo behind! Talk to ya'll later!

9 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

posty post

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh i kill myself! Anyway, i loved having you here. The biggest and most exciting part of our day, you forgot to mention. TAMBOURINES???? Yeah, i may have left that out too.
Well, you better buy a second computer so everyone is happy.

Jen said...

i know the feeling. i wish sometimes joe wasn't back in school, cuz he is always on too. but really i am so proud that he is doing it. i couldn't!

Cheryl said...

You should have married a computer geek we have computers all over the place. Sounds like a good weekend.

Carrie said...

Wow! As I read your post I was reading like you were out of breath! You had a busy weekend huh?
I need to clean my house too, I am on this kick to cleanout all of our closets!

Carrie said...

OK, POSTING NAZI...I know your off today, so its time to POST!

SamandSawyersMom said...

ha ha ha you go carrie!!!!!!!!!!

thinny binny
posty posty

SamandSawyersMom said...

she and her husband are "busy"

Amanda said...

You had a super busy, but very fun sounding weekend. I am so glad Dawson is feeling better. Gabe is getting to the point where he really is getting into computers and everytime he hears me typing runs in to see if its his turn!