Thursday, May 31, 2007

CRAZY TRIP TO THE VET!!!!!




Okay guys, I am sorry for being behind on my posting but this has just been a busy week. I have alot to post about so I am going to break it all up into different posts instead of one big one. One of the things I did this week was take my dog, Klesko to the vet for a bath and to get his nails trimmed. He also needed another 3 year rabies shot and an exam by the doctor.


Usually Shawn takes care of taking Klesko to his appts because Klesko is a large dog who has been spoiled his whole life and has never been trained to walk on a leash so he basically walks you, not the other way around. He gets crazy and wild when you put him on a leash..........he just gets so excited!


Well, Shawn needed me to take Klesko to his appt because it was early in the morning and Shawn was too tired to get up and take him. I was very leary about it but I did it anyway. When it was time to take him, I opened my van door first and then I went in the backyard and put the leash on him and took him to the van. In the midst of all of this, he was running wild and being crazy and the leash snapped in half!!!! I was freakin out but when he heard it snapped, he stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me so I was able to grab him and put him in the van. So, I am on my way to the vet and have no leash (I'm thinkin this ain't gonna work) so I stopped at Target and left Klesky in the van with the window down a bit for him to get air but he barked and howled his head off the entire time I was in there buying the leash and people were looking at me like I was nuts!


I came out of the store and could hear him going nuts so I hurried back into the van and put the new leash on him. We then went to the vet and I get him out of the van and after he stopped to pee on every rock and tree around, I walked him to the door and he realized where he was and he put on the brakes!!! He sat his big butt down and drug his feet!!! I had to literally drag him into the office!


Once I got in there, he was jumping all over me, scratching me with his long nails and crying and going nuts. I couldn't fill out any of the paperwork because I was dealing with him. You know that look that people give you when your kids throw a fit in public and they look at you like you are a horrible parent that can't control your child?? Or if you are a perfect parent and your kid has never done that before...........do you know that look that you give other parents when their kid is screaming and throwing a fit in public??? Well, I found out that people look at you the same way when you have a wild uncontrollable animal!! People were looking at me like I was a horrible pet owner that needed some serious help training my dog! It was embarrassing!
Finally after about 20 mins, the lady asked me if I would like her to go and get someone to come and get him...........I was like huh, yeah! (DUH) Anyway, they finally took him back and I was able to fill everything out and I left. When they called me six hours later, he was ready to be picked up. I was nervous about talking to the vet after he examined him because Klesko is 11 years old and I was sooo scared he would say that he was sick or something. Well, it was actually great news! The vet said that Klesko is in great shape and the only thing he saw was some minor aging in his eyes and dirty teeth that need to be cleaned. That was it!!! I was sooo relieved! Then they brought Klesky back to me and he looked so beautiful and clean and smelled so nice! His nails were so short that he kept sliding on the floor, it was funny! It was quite an experience taking that boy to the vet and I will never do it again but I am so happy that he is healthy and he's finally clean!!!! Here's a couple of pix of the handsome devil!

9 comments:

Char said...

Awww! He is very handsome! I don't blame you for not wanting to take him again. I'm glad he is healthy and nice and clean now! :)

Amanda said...

What a beautiful dog! I hope you have recovered from the experience!

Jen said...

he looks so cute and fresh.

SamandSawyersMom said...

aww he is cute. next time tell that lazy butt husband to pull his butt out of bed and take him himself...

i shouldn't talk about him like that on our anniversary..I am sorry honey!

Lura said...

He looks like a puppy with that nice clean coat!

Cheryl said...

He looks lighter, my girls always do after they are groomed. They are so clean and fluffy. He is adorable. I have to take both of my monsters and Ryan to the vet when we get back. I will be getting those looks too. My dogs are both nuts on a leash and Ryan only makes things worse. I feel for you. I also have to take Thomas who will be 11 in August, I hope he is healthy! I can't take another pet death...EVER!

Cheryl said...

Oh posts lots tomorrow after noon for me in the car. Bye Bye now!

Crystal said...

My lazy butt husband works 50 hours a week and I work 20 hours a week, I think I can pick up the slack on the homefront......it's my pleasure!

Jamie said...

What a good looking pupster!! They can be quite a handful when they want to be!!!