Wednesday, June 13, 2007

IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!



When Shawn came home after losing his job he told me the two gifts he was trying to get me today that didn't work out. He had been calling all over town for the last week to find me a persian kitten for 100 bucks or less! I have always wanted a Persian!
He said he was unable to find one for under 300 bucks so he didn't get it. The other gift was that he was trying to upgrade my cell phone to a pink Katana! I have been wanting one of those! He couldn't do that either because we aren't due for an upgrade until July 1st. After July 1st, we get a free upgrade.


Oh well, I guess it's a good thing the gifts didn't work out since we got the news of his job today - we definitely don't need extra expenses right now!


The thought is definitely what counts in this case! ha ha

7 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Well, it all turned out okay after all. I mean,another mouth to feed? Nah, you do not need that.

Amanda said...

He was very sweet to want to do those gifts for you. I shows he really put thought into it. What a sweet guy.

Char said...

Ahhh, that is so sweet!
Sorry your birthday was such a bummer!

Jamie said...

Well that was sweet and sometimes things work out the way their supposed to.

Lura said...

You've been blessed with greater gifts that money can't buy!

Crystal said...

You are absolutely right, Lura Lou!

Carrie said...

That is very sweet...the best things come to those who wait!

Matt got me a pink razr phone for my birthday (it was an upgrade too!)