Thursday, June 28, 2007

OUT OF THE MOUTH OF BABES......

Since Shawn has been laid off, he and Daws have been hanging out a lot! They both have been having a great time doing stuff together. Shawn and Daws missed each other so much when Shawn was working second shift so he feels like he needs to make it up to Dawson now.

Well, Daws and Shawn always stay up together after I go to bed and they play video games together or watch movies. Yesterday Shawn told me something funny that Dawson said to him the other night while they were laying on the couch together.

Dawson said to Shawn "Dad, what's sex?" and Shawn (being totally caught off guard) said "Uhm, we need to ask your mom what you are old enough to know about that right now." Daws then asked "Well, is sex fun???" (feeling uncomfortable) Shawn said "uhm yeah, it's fun." And then Daws said "I bet it's better than recess, huh??" and Shawn just cracked up! Isn't that hilarious??? ha ha

I was very proud of Shawn for not just spilling all the info about sex to Daws without talking to me first. He's notorious for just answering the kids questions without taking into consideration what they are actually old enough to know or stuff they even have to know at all. He has trouble thinking about stuff before he just talks so I was impressed that this time, he was smart about it.

6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

that is funny. good for him not to blurt out obsenities!!

did you tell him everything?..he is about that age!

Crystal said...

I haven't talked to him about it yet. For along time he thought sex was just kissing but I think he's starting to realize there might be more to it.

I actually have a Christian book that I will use to talk to him about sex. It's a book on what to say to your kids about sex at certain ages.

Carrie said...

That is sooo funny! I'm glad I'm not Shawn!!

Char said...

Haha!! Funny! I love those questions. I get some pretty funny ones from Travis.

Cheryl said...

Better than recess...funny!!!

Amanda said...

Funny- he's such a funny boy!!!
Thankfully Gabe hasn't asked much but I know its coming.
I had to have diagrams drawn for me in High school to explain some things...I don't think I am the best one for Gabe to talk to.!