Yesterday was a wonderful day!
Sonya, Sammy and Sawzy came to my Church! We met there and walked in together and I was so impressed with the fact that Sonya still put both of her boys in their classes even though they'd never been there before. The reason I was so impressed with this is because it was Dawson's first time at this Church as well and he was really nervous about going to class and really wanted to stay in big Church with me so I told him that he didn't have to go to class on his first visit, he could sit with me and he could check out the class next time.
Well, after seeing Sonya put both of her boys in their classes and was strong enough to do that even when Sawyer started crying, it inspired me to do the same. She also said something to me that totally made sense. She said "Crys, if you are trying to get Dawson to enjoy coming to Church again, why would you sit him in big church with you where he's going to be bored silly and he will never want to come? "If you send him to class, and he sees how fun it is and how much he learns, he will want to come all the time!!" That totally made sense to me so right then I made the decision to make him stay in his class. We walked him in and said goodbye and he had tears in his eyes crying but we hurried out the door! Sonya kept telling me how proud she was of me! After the service when I picked him up from his class, he was so excited and told me all about what he did and he asked "Can we come back tomorrow?" ha ha He loved it!!! Thank you Sonya for inspiring and encouraging me! Because of that, I was able to give a wonderful gift to my child!
So, after putting all the kids in their classes, me, Sonya and Cameron went to "big" church. me and Sonya sat together and for some reason Cam sat in the row right behind us. (guess he wanted to pretend he didn't know us). First, there was a half an hour of awesome worship music with the electric guitars and just awesome songs! It was great and then we sat down to listen to the sermon and about 10 minutes into the sermon, Sonya looks at me and points to the guy that was sitting right in front of her! Oh my goodness, this poor guy (probably around 20 or so) was falling asleep and his head kept bobbing backwards like he his neck was going to break off! When I saw that, I lost it! I started laughing uncontrollably!! I was laughing so hard that my body was shaking all over, so even though I wasn't laughing out loud, I know it was obvious that I was crackin up!!! I had tears running down my cheeks.......oh this poor boy kept doing this for like 15 mins or so! Sonya would control herself and then she'd see me shaking all over with my face covered and then she'd lose it again! At one point I thought I was going to have to get up and leave because I just couldn't stop.
Finally the boy sat up and woke himself up and I was thinking "Thank goodness!" Oh my gosh that was so flippin funny! After that stopped, I was trying to concentrate on the sermon and the sermon was about Finances which bored Sonya to death so she decides to start passing me notes! Oh, she was killing me! ha ha She acts just like my husband does in Church. He always does silly stuff and sings every other word of the songs just to get me to laugh.......So, while Sonya is writing me a note, I look up and see a number flash on the screen and I whispered to Sonya, what's Sawyer's number and she looked up at the screen and said "Oh no, that's him" so she had to leave and go get him. I was impressed though because they waited to get her for almost the entire service. There was only like 10 mins left when they flashed his number so that was good. After the service we went and got Sammy and Daws from their classes and they both enjoyed themselves! Then I walked Sonya out to her van and gave the bag of clothes that I had for her boys and then we left.
On the way home, Cameron started lecturing me! He said "Mom, I could see you and Sonya laughing and carrying on!" "I was so embarrassed!" Then he asked me what was so funny and I told him and it made sense to him that we couldn't help but laugh. I couldn't believe I was being lectured by my kid for misbehaving in Church! ha
*****edited to say*****Oh yeah, I forgot about the best part of my Church for Sonya! When we were in line to sign Sammy into his class, they had a huge bottle of Purell on the counter and they made each kid put some on their hands before they went into the classroom!!! Sonya and I started laughing and saying that it was a sign from God that this was the right Church for her! ha ha She thought that was so great that they made the kids do that!
When we got home from Church, we ate lunch and I asked the boys if they wanted to go to the pool with me and they both said no so I went to the pool by myself for 2 hours! It was sooo relaxing! When I went home, I picked up Cam and drove him to his dad's house and then I came back home, made dinner, watched some shows, cleaned the house and went to bed!!! It was a great day!
This week, I am going to be busy, packing for our camping trip! I am so excited I can't stand it! Please pray for us to have good weather! Shawn is just as excited because he's going to have the house to himself for the whole weekend! Hope all you girls had a good weekend too! PEACE OUT!

10 comments:
As good of a post that that was it still could not emphasize how funny it was for that guy to bob his head to a breaking point for 20 minutes. He kept doing it. I mean at what point would you realize that you should wake up...after your head is on the floor? It was so distracting because he was directly infront of me and his head practically hit me when it came back. It made a snapping noise when it hit it's limit. It was insane. I kept having God help me stop laughing only to see Crys' body shaking. I, too almost got up. When he did a whole body shake, I was relieved to think it was over.
You forgot the best part of church but I will not ruin it...you can post about it. You know the reason I liked it??????? Lura will enjoy that.
I felt so proud of Daws because he was clearly in agony when you put him in. He is not one to admit he had fun so when he told me "it was great", I knew he loved it. I felt like the mean aunt explaining to him why he should go in.
I am excited about camping too. We should have fun. Pray for good weather!!!!!!!
I would have loved to have been there, but glad I wasn't! I would have had to leave.
I am glad you guys had such a good time. Will you both be going back?
Yay for camping!!! I can't wait to hear about it and see tons of pictures.
I'm glad it went well, and can't wait to hear why Sonya really liked it!! Steve and I had a laughing fit once in our church, I don't even remember what was so funny, but we were in the back because we got stuck in the nursery and came in late, and we couldn't keep ourselves composed!! It's so funny when you crack up in the worst places!
Oh, and I'm putting in the good weather order for ya!!
Obviously Cameron made a good decision sitting behind you fools. Did Sonya also give you gum, she always has gum or candy in church too.
You should go with Sonya and Kevin together, I made that mistake once at my Mom's old church. It was not good.
Glad you had a good day.
Oh that is so funny you should ask about the gum, Cheryl! I actually offered her gum and she said "No thanks" and then I looked over a few minutes later and she was chewing gum! ha ha I remember thinking, how come she said no to my gum?? SM
I always have gum and candy in my purse too so we are just alike in that area! ha
Thanks Jamers!
The best part that Sonya's talking about is posted in my post now. It's typed where it says (edited to say) about the purell
I love those things that make you laugh in church (or any other place where it's totally inappropriate to bust up laughing). It makes everything that much funnier. I probably would have had to leave, or pee my pants. Ha ha.
I'm sure Sonya loved the Purell. My kids think that smell is the perfume she wears!
Post a Comment