Wednesday, August 15, 2007

PRAYER REQUEST

I would like for you all to pray for my brother, Ben. He called me today and I talked to him for about 45 mins. I haven't spoken to him in over a year due him living on the streets and being in and out of trouble with the law. Ben is almost 24 years old and he's been in and out of jail since he was 16 years old due to being a drug addict.

He called me today and said he had just gotten out of a place called Rivertree which is an alternative to prison. He was in there for several months. He was telling me about everything he learned while in there and how he has completely surrendered his life to the Lord and how he wants to do what's right. Now, I want to believe this sooo badly but Ben has always come out of jail speaking like this and then he'd get sucked right back into his drugs and wild way of life. I am sooo hoping and praying that this time, he's serious. I won't know if he is until I see him living it and showing me with his actions.

Ben is a wonderful person, he's got such a huge heart and he has soooo much talent it's crazy! He's pretty smart too! I have always been so sad that he has thrown his life away to drugs. He's so special and I know he was put here to do great things and I hope he finally gets out of his own way.

In talking with him today, he also told me that he is going to be a father in November!!! His girlfriend, who is pregnant, is in jail and has been for several months. I truly feel that her being in there is best for the baby because she can't do drugs and drink in there and I know they are giving her proper medical and prenatal care. I told Ben he needs to do right by his daughter (it's a girl) and turn his life around! He says he wants to get his life together so he can be a good dad. I also told him that if he needed any help with his daughter as far as clothes, food, diapers, a babysitter, etc. that I am here for him. He was excited to hear that and said that he wants me to be a huge part of his daughter's life! You better believe that I will be the best Aunt that I can be and I will look out for that little girl!

Anyway, can you all please keep my brother, his girlfriend Tara, and his unborn baby girl in your prayers........please pray that my brother and his girlfriend turn their lives around and are able to give their baby girl a fair shot in life. Thank you all so much!

I can't wait to start putting things aside for my new and first niece!!!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh wow! I don't know what to say...I will be thinking about you and your family these upcoming weeks and months.

I will be especially thinking and praying for his baby girl. I hope he does what is best for her. I hope fatherhood will change him into the person he should be.

Congratulations on your first niece!

Cheryl said...

Oh wow!! I can't believe he is going to be a father. I will pray for them all. I really hope he can do it this time, especially for the baby.

SamandSawyersMom said...

wow, As much as I am happy that you will be an aunt (again..emily, erin) I still worry about that baby surviving with her mommy on drugs. I hope she makes it and I hope you get to be a big part of her life.
What did he say your mom said? I am surprised I haven't heard from herr telling me.
Congrats and I will stop and pray right now.

Crystal said...

Thank you guys!

Sonya, I meant my first "blood" related niece or nephew. I have 2 nephews and 2 nieces by marriage.

Carrie said...

What will happen to the baby after she is born? Will the mom still be in jail and have to raise the baby in jail?

Amy said...

I hope your brother is able to straighten his life out, especially for the sake of his daughter.

Carrie, I don't think the mom would be allowed to raise a baby in jail. I don't know how that works, but I would think they would give her to the dad or another family member if she's still in jail. Can you imagine saying that you grew up in jail?

SamandSawyersMom said...

CRUP BETWEEN CARRIE AND AMY I AM ABOUT TO PEE MYSEELF

Amy said...

My first response was to laugh, but I didn't want to because it's a serious matter so I was trying to respond to Carrie's question seriously, but now I'm cracking up!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

i told crystal on the phone that only a sister would have said it like you did only you were nicer than I would have been to Cheryl.