Wednesday, October 3, 2007

JUST A POST



Well, Monday night we all stayed up until midnight watching the Bengals game but they lost again! ugh! On Tuesday, Daws stayed home from school and I stayed home from work so we could spend our last day with Shawn before he left town for his new job. We had a good day running some errands and I baked a huge amount of muffins, corn bread and cookies for Shawn to take with him. We watched a movie and we just hung out as a fam. Daws and I put together our gifts for Shawn. We did the pillowcase idea, I did the journal idea, I bought him a car guardian angel that hangs on his rearview mirror and the angel is silver and it says Drive safely on it. I also put together a photo album with all kinds of pictures of us and our pets and other family members for him to have with him. Daws was super excited to do all these things for his dad. It was cute.

So, originally, we thought Shawn would be leaving today some time around 4pm but plans have changed. Right after Shawn loaded our van with all of his stuff and Daws and I gave him his gifts, his boss calls and asks for him to start on Tuesday instead! Apparently there are 3 other new people starting a job with this company and one of the guys can't start until Tuesday so instead of doing 2 separate orientations, they are just going to have all three new hires start on Tuesday. I think Shawn was happy about that because he was literally getting ready to leave when he got this call and he had just opened our gifts and was hugging us goodbye and he had tears running down his cheeks. It's really hard for him to leave us. I knew he'd be sad but his tears surprised me. It was nice to see though. I think it's more about him leaving Daws than it is about him leaving me! SM

Anyway, Shawn will be starting his new job on Tuesday and in the meantime, his brother called and told him he had some work for Shawn if he wanted to earn some extra money over the weekend. So, Shawn will working with Kevin on renovating houses over the weekend, which helps us alot! And we have a little more time with him before he leaves. Another good thing is that we thought Shawn was going to have to miss the Elementary night football game Friday night and now he can go with us still! YAY! Daws was very happy about that!

Oh the day after I posted about the homeless kitty, we woke up in the morning and he was gone. I haven't seen him since!

Today was picture day for Daws and he looked sooo cute! I hope the pics turned out good this time! Oh well, that's really all that's been going on with me! I wish it was more exciting for ya! ha

6 comments:

Jamie said...

It's nice that he got those extra days to be with you. I'm sure all three of you will enjoy that. You're always so thoughtful to give gifts and stuff. I'm sure he appreciated that so much. I hope you enjoy your next few days with him!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

that kitty left because he read your blog and realized he was ugly and did himself in!

Oh i know, that kitty left because he is haunted and needs to cast spells on people in time for Halloween.

Glad you get to spend more time with Shawn and glad to hear he gets to make some money before he goes.

Daws was so excited about that dang football night so that was all planned perfectly huh? God takes care of even the little things!

Amanda said...

I may need to take Sonya to therapy with me over her cat issues. I don't think she would get a sticker!

I am glad that you have a few bonus days with Shawn. I hope you guys have a great next few days!

The gifts looked great. You are the best with that.

Amy said...

That's awesome that you get a few extra days with Shawn before he has to leave! Your gifts are so sweet and thoughtful too.

Carrie said...

I like all of you gits. So thoughtful. Thats a pleasant surprise to spend a few more days w/him. May be a little easier to leave the 2nd time around.

Char said...

Oh! I'm glad you guys get some extra days!! That's great! I'm glad he gets to go to the football game with you guys too!!!