Monday, October 8, 2007

WEEKEND FUN

I had a pretty nice weekend. As you already know, we went to the high school football game for Elementary night and we had a blast there. I still have a bunch more pictures to post of our night.

On Saturday, I woke up around 10 in the morning and I moved to Dawson's bed and watched t.v. with him until noon!!! We didn't get out of bed or get dressed until noon! It was great! I love lazy days like that. We finally got up and cleaned the kitchen while Daws played football in the backyard with his friends and then I just hung out all day and didn't do much of anything.....it was nice.

On Sunday, one of our fellow blogger's, Amy, hosted a local blogger get together at her house! Amy is Carrie's sister and she's been a part of our blog community for a little while and thru our blogs, we found out that we had a lot of the same interests and her son Gavin is 4 almost five and he has a lot in common with Sammy. We've all gotten to know each other thru the blogs and Amy thought it would be fun to host a local blogger get together. She lives in Indiana but it's only 20 mins from my house. Sonya came over and picked up me and Daws and we went to Amy's house. We couldn't believe how close she lived, we thought she lived further into Indiana.

Anyway, Sonya and I got there before Carrie did and when we pulled up we were both impressed with her beautiful house. It was big and spacious and just gorgeous! Her husband is a builder and built the house.....it was beautiful. They live on 20 acres and Amy's husband drives his quad all over.......it was just cool. The kids got to ride their little quads, they played on the slip and slide, the jump house and a rocket sprinkler that Sonya brought. They had a blast!

Amy was very nice and made us feel comfortable and welcome. She is very down to earth and fun to hang out with and her kids are adoreable. Her husband was sooo helpful with the kids and he made us all hot dogs on the grill and he was just willing to do anything we needed him to do. Sonya and I were very impressed with that.

Carrie came with Lil O and she was just as cute as a button! She's looks so funny standin up and moving around as much as she does because she's sooo small. She is definitely going to be walking soon. She's too cute.

Sonya and I had a great time and the kids had a blast too! Thanks Amy, for hosting such a fun get together!

Last night, I had a hard time going to sleep at first and then I woke up at 3am and was wide awake from 3am to 5am......it was crazy!!! So, I remembered what one of the speakers at the Camp Swoneky retreat said about praying when you can't sleep. She said "Have you ever noticed that when you can't sleep and then you start praying, all of the sudden in the middle of praying, you get sleepy? That's because the devil doesn't like it when you pray to he puts you to sleep!" ha ha That must be true because that happens to me all the time. I start praying and I get sleepy. It worked for me last night too but when my alarm went off at 7:15 this morning I was not happy! I'm doing pretty well today. I don't feel overly sleepy or anything so that's good.

I plan to go home after work today and clean my neglected house. I was gone Friday, I was lazy on Saturday and I was gone on Sunday so my house is a mess! I will post more football pics and pics of our get together later this evening!

I hope you all had a great weekend........ LATER GATORS!

6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

well that sounds plenty fun.

i cleaned for 2 straight houses just now and i feel so much better.

I loved Amy's house too but I loved the extravagance of it. It is big but the fact that so much of it is fancy was what I thought was cool. Like the salad bowl sink.

Carrie said...

Ha! Ha! I am going to have to toss salad in her sink too! I never thought of that! Next time you guys can come to my house and play tennis on my indoor tennis court then afterwards cool down in my indoor pool.

Glad you had fun! I did too...please don't think I didn't.

Carrie said...

Or better yet, bring your husbands and they can play golf on our golf course.

Jamie said...

Well I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I love lazy mornings too!! Can't wait to see all the pics!

Crystal said...

Actually, I am hosting a bowling party in my bowling alley that is attached to my home theatre!

Cheryl said...

I have never been to Amy's blog? How did I miss her?? Looks like fun. I had a very lazy weekend, but because I don't feel good.