Wednesday, November 7, 2007

FOR CARRIE

Carrie asked what Muddy Buddies are.....I make them every winter as well but we call it Puppychow.

Here's the recipe

1 cup seemisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
9 cups Chex Cereal (I use rice chex)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Mix chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwavable dish. Microwave uncovered on high 1 min, stir. Microwave 30 secons longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla
2. Place the 9 cups of cereal in a very large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal stirring until evenly coated (I use a bowl with a lid and just shake it). Pour into 2-gallon food storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag, shake until well coated.

This is one of my fam's favorite treats!!!! It's sooo yummy! Carebear, I brought it to work a couple of times when I worked with you so I think you have tried it before.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Thank you! I copied and pasted into my "recipes"

Sounds really good. I don't remember eating them, but I might when I make them. Sounds like a perfect Christmas/holiday treat!

Anonymous said...

We call it puppy chow, too.

Cheryl said...

we call it puppy chow too. I have revised it, well it is nothing alike anymore, I use white chocolate and the 3 different chex cereals and the pretzel sticks. YUMMY!!!!

Crystal said...

Yum, that sounds great Cheryl!

Amanda said...

I love puppy chow!!! Why is it called puppy chow anyways? I suppose it might resemble dog food in looks a bit, but not in taste!!!

Lura said...

It's so yummy! By the way Crystal, I keep meaning to tell you that I am so addicted to the caramel corn! I started making double batches because I could eat a whole one myself. Sunday night is popcorn night here and that's when I usually make it.

Amy said...

That sounds so yummy. I might have to try that one.

Amanda said...

Who makes Chex? General Mills or POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

VERY CLEVER AMANDA PANDA!!!! HA HA I POSTED JUST FOR YOU! :)