Shew Wee! I got lots to post about but I have been very busy so I will try to post it all now.
First off, Shawn FINALLY got a job!!!! Can I get a HALLELUJAH!!!!
He got the job at Prudential Insurance Company as an Insurance and Financial Planning Sales Associate. He has taken 2 tests and passed them both with Flying colors! They even told him that most people fail the second test but he did very well.....that gave him a little boost. So, he went on a third interview and was given a project to do. He completed the project and had another interview and was hired. His start date January 7th. For the first 10 weeks he will be in training and then he will have a week long class to take and then a series of three tests to obtain his license. He's very excited because this is a really good career opportunity for him.
Now, since he doesn't start his new job until January 7th and his last unemployment check comes on Tuesday, he will be working for his brother's friend who rehabs houses to hold us over until he starts his job, thank goodness!!! We were very happy when he called and asked Shawn if he could work with him for a couple of weeks! That totally saved us!
As for the house hunting, we made a list of 7 houses that we are supposed to go thru with a realtor tomorrow night. We may even be putting a bid in on a couple of them this week if we like them.
I have been collecting boxes so I can start packing. I am going to go ahead and pack up the kitchen and only leave out what we use everyday. I wanna have most of the packing done by the time we close on a house. Not sure if that will happen but that's what I am shooting for! ha
It just seems like so much is happening to our family all at once! Most of it's good but it's just making for a very busy crazy and stressful time! ha It's also very exciting!
Today, Daws had his class Christmas party. I made all the goody bags and I printed some Christmas coloring sheets, word searches, a maze and a really cute grinch mask that the kids color and cut out and wear! It was a HUGE hit!
The party was at 2:15 today and the room mom, Stephanie had brought this really cool huge Santa kareoke thing! It was this huge Santa that danced and sang Christmas carols and a microphone is plugged into him so the kids could sing along with him.........it was the coolest thing ever! We also did a craft and let all the kids make an ornament and Mrs. Brueneman had pictures of each of the kids to go on each ornament. It went really well and I have a ton of pics to share!
Now we are home and I am sooo tired but I have no time to relax! My kitchen is a disaster and I need to bake 7 dozen cookies for our cookie exchange tomorrow night and I also have to wrap all my boys presents!!! I can't believe Christmas is only 6 days away!!! WOW! I still have so much to do before then. Oh well, it's very busy but it's a fun busy! I am just stockin up on my caffeine! ha
I hope all of you are having a great week! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

5 comments:
I am actually commenting on this BEFORE I got the threateningf call that i had nto commented yet.
What a ncie long post. I hope you like the houses tomorrow...especially the loud ones..SM. Call me as soon as you know which ones you like for sure.
I am glad the party was good and you enjoyed a little santa action.
Have a great night. I love you~!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been baking for 2 days and finally sit down to relax and your post made me tired!! Ryan's party is on Friday! I love parties!
Have fun baking!
Congratulations to Shawn!!!! That is wonderful news. And, it sounds like it will be a really good career move for him! Your post made me tired too :)
That's so great Shawn got a job! Congratulations!
Have fun boxing up your house...I hope you find the perfect house. Atleast you're not a ginger bread family...your house would have been eaten by now!
Have fun baking too. I hope your cookies turn out better than mine! No one ever told me you had to use flour!
I am SO glad that Shawn finally got a job. YOu must feel so relieved! Shew! I'm very happy for you.
I can't wait to see what house you pick. You'll have to post pics of it so that we can all see it. Moving takes a lot of hard work, but it can be very exciting. Will you be closer to Cam??
Post a Comment