Wednesday, February 27, 2008

IDEAS PLEASE



Okay, we have stuck to pretty neutral color paint and carpet for the livingroom, dining room and hallway. We did this for cost purposes. We decided that the color will come from our decor that use as accents.
In the living room our accent color is burnt orange and saige green. I need help figuring out what accent color to use for the dining room. It has to be something that flows well with the livingroom but I want it to be different. I plan on keeping these chairs but I am going to re-cover them but not sure with what color yet. We will be getting a new table at some point too. The curtains in the dining room are Chocolate brown. So, there you have it..........a clean slate so what color should I go with????
Oh and we have cream colored vertical blinds for the french doors but we haven't put them up yet since Shawn has been working so much.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

I would go with a deep red, not bright like bright red lipstick, but deep like fall leaves. Then you'd have the fall color scheme with the green, orange, brown and red. I think that would look very nice and in a dining room, it's cool to have a bolder color like red.

Crystal said...

I was thinking of that too Jamers! But my accent color in the kitchen is that deep fall red color to accent the sweet potato. Do you think that would be too much of that color, if it were in the dining room too???

Jamie said...

Well since you already have the red in the kitchen maybe you could just use a mixure of the colors in the dining room. Maybe some art with all the colors in them, or a curtain or chair fabric with a pattern such as a stripe that has all or some of the colors. So the dining room kind of pulls together all the colors of the first floor.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I think the look of a clown puking various colors would be nice

Cheryl said...

You could just use different shades of the same colors. if you use one from the kitchen and one from the living room the whole house will go together. so a deep red and a darker green or something like that.

Amy said...

Sorry - no suggestions here. My whole house is white!

Anonymous said...

I am confused. Are you wanting to paint a wall a different color? Or are you using accessories to bring different colors in?

Crystal said...

I am trying to decide on the accent color of the decor, ie., chair covers, framed artwork, place mats, area rugs, etc. what color should I go with for those items???

Char said...

I'm not good at this without physically being there or seeing samples, so I'm going to say to try and use all the other colors in your home and bring them together, like Jamie and Cheryl said. Although I do think that Sonya's idea might be kind of interesting. haha

Lura said...

All that clean fresh paint and carpet must be wonderful! I'm so jealous.