I am excited about this week! I am sick of the snow and I am ready for Spring!!! I wanna start getting my new yard ready for planting and I want to grow a vegetable garden this year too! I can't wait until the warm weather gets here! I think we are supposed to be near 60 degrees by the end of this week.........CRAZY!!! I am sooo glad the snow is almost melted away now, it was fun having that much snow but I am glad it's over.
I worked today and then I came home and worked about 2 hours updating my resume and spent another hour applying for jobs on careerbuilder. They cut my hours at work. I was working 4 days a week and now I only work two days. So, I am going to try to keep this job and find another part-time job to supplement my income. Shawn suggested that I serve at AppleBee's or another place two nights a week but the idea of being a server makes me want to puke! I have never served before and I never tried because I always knew I would be terrible at it. I am a complete klutz and would break every dish plus, I would be in tears if anyone complained about my service. I just could not do that job!!!! I have never even worked a cash register before either!!! ha ha All of my work experience as been office work except for when I was 16 and I worked at a movie theatre and back then we used calculators, not registers! ( I just showed my age! ha)
Anywho, I am applying for part-time receptionist or customer service positions. I would love to work 2-3 evenings a week and be home during the day but they may not work out. If anyone knows of any part-time positions that are available, please let me know! Even if it's babysitting for someone, I don't care, I just need to supplement the income I lost.
Tonight, I am cleaning up the house and getting ready for Shawn's birthday tomorrow. He doesn't have to be at work tomorrow until 11:30 so we get to spend the morning together and then after he leaves for work, I am going to go shopping to buy him a small gift and then I am coming home and baking him a carrot cake from scratch with homemade cream cheese frosting!! That's what he requested. In our family, the birthday person gets to have whatever they want for dinner and for dessert. He chose foot long hot dogs, homemade mac and cheese and corn! YUCK! I am making it for him though! ha
I can't wait until Saturday!!! There is a huge egg hunt at the park near my house that I am taking Daws too! I love love love egg hunts!!! It's supposed to rain, but I hope it holds out until after the hunt! I am dying to do something outdoors for a change! Is anyone else going to any egg hunts??? I think Parky's farm has one coming up too! And we always go to the one at the park near my old house too. It's so much fun! I love Easter..........I love what Easter means and I love all the fun activities for the kids. It's a very beautiful time of year!
Well, that's all I got.........till next time!!!
Oh and Thanks Carebear for mailing me a nice note and some new pics of that gorgeous girl of yours!!!! I was tickled!!!

3 comments:
our township is having a huge Easter party on Saturday too. they have crafts and games and decorate cookies. Yummy. Also the Easter is bunny there for pictures. Some years there is an egg hunt, U don't know about this year?
I just can't get into the egg-hunting thing this year. Maybe it's because there is still snow on the ground! With easter being so early this year, it just doesn't feel like "easter season" yet.
You're welcome for the pics...glad you like them :)
I can't wait for spring either. I am so over the snow.
I'd love to go to an egg hunt too, I'll have to look into it, but I don't think Olivia will be quite into hunting eggs this year. She would have fun regardless, she loves being outside.
Post a Comment