Sunday, March 30, 2008

A REAL POST

Okay, so here's a real post! I'm sure you all are sick of seeing pics of my baby girl but tough banana's! ha ha I love taking and posting pics of her! Can't help it! And yes I have more!

So, tomorrow is opening day!!! YAY REDS!!!! Shawn is off work for it so I will be making some yummy foods for us to enjoy while watching the game. I am making Hanky Panky, hot wings, pizza dip, taco dip and some cookies! We love opening day around here!

On Friday, ToysRus was handing out free packs of baseball cards to the kids as a kick off for opening day! Shawn took Daws and got 2 packs for him. Shawn has been collecting baseball cards since he was a kid! He loves his cards! Way back when we were starting out and we were flat broke, a couple of his cards paid our bills! ha He's got alot that are worth money. He plans to someday pass his collection down to Dawson.

Well, Dawson has always been into the same things as his dad. He loves baseball, football, cologne, hair gel, tie dye shirts, etc........just like his dad! ha ha So, it's only fitting that now Dawson is into collecting baseball cards. He had 30 bucks of his own money saved up and he and his dad went out today and he bought a price guide, some card sleeve covers, and two boxes of cards. He spent all of his money on it and when he and his dad got home, they sat on the floor and went thru every single card together........it was the sweetest thing ever!!! I even took a picture of them that I will post later. Shawn has been waiting for years for Daws to be old enough to collect cards and it's finally time. This is something they can really spend alot of quality time doing together so it thrills me.

I think I may have created a monster! I got my mother inlaw into CVSing! ha ha I sent her the link to money saving mom's website and I have explained as best as I can how to do it and she did her first deal today!!! Oh and you CVSers are going to be sick when I tell you what she told me.......she didn't know what ECB's were until I told her about them and she had been throwing them away!!! YIKES!!! I told her that she was literally throwing money away........then I think she hurled! ha Especially since CVS is less than a mile from her house and she spends hundreds of dollars on prescriptions and medications there every month so she probably had a slew of them!

Oh, I had my interview at Applebee's today!! Believe it or not, it was the toughest interview I have ever had! I had to take a personality test that took about 20 mins and then afterwards, the manager grilled me like a piece of steak! He was asking me how I would handle certain situations, he asked me what my favorite food was and when I said taco salad, he told me to sell the taco salad to him by describing it and getting him to want it..........oh that was a toughie!!! He really had me dancing around and uncomfortable!!! I have never been that uncomfortable in an interview before in my life and I think it's because this was the first time I was interviewing for something I have no experience doing. Usually I go into interviews with great confidence because I have been doing office work for the past 15 or so years. It was a completely different story today and I felt like a fish out of water.

The waitresses there were half my age..........literally and it felt like a meat market! The manager I interviewed with was a different manager that I spoke to on the phone the other day and this manager didn't like that I had no experience. I don't think they will be hiring me because he said he had 3 more interviews this week and if he's interested in hiring me, he will call me Wednesday by 4pm..........I won't be waiting by the phone! SM I can't say that I am disappointed because I don't think that was an environment for me anyway. I am going to keep looking into other possibilities though.

It was a great time having my niece for three nights this past week!!! We all enjoyed her soo much, even Shawn. He would look at her and say "Gosh, she's a cute little sucker!" ha ha Daws loved helping with her and he loved helping to bathe her the best because she loves the water!!! It was a lot of fun. I love that little booger! My mom picked her up Saturday afternoon and was supposed to keep her until this evening but by the time she got home from my house with the baby, Tara's Grandma called and wanted the baby back..........my mom was bummed since the baby had been with me the whole time and she didn't get to spend any time with her. Oh well, once my brother has his legal visitation setup, we won't have to go thru that anymore. His court date is in April and my mom has hired an attorney to fight for joint custody........we'll see how that goes.

Well, I think that's about all that's been going on over here, hope you all had a wonderful weekend! LATER GATORS!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Please don't tell us when you are having hanky panky...we have to draw the line somewhere!!

Too bad about Applebee's, just means something else better is waiting you just have to find it.

Crystal said...

ha ha Cher, that was funny! ha

Amy said...

I love hanky panks! They are sooo yummy! Gimme's sells them as appetizers! MMMMM. Gary is at opening day today - he goes with his boss every year. Since I work downtown I drove him into work today and will have to drive his drunk butt home! I am not a fan of opening day, especially with working downtown - it's such a pain! Good luck on your job search.

Carrie said...

I love hanky panks too. I would have not been good at describing taco salad in an interview to sell the product. Good luck!

We were going to go to opening day with our friends, but Matt told them no, because he thought I didn't want to go, when I really did! Oh well, its too rainy for me anyway!