Wednesday, September 24, 2008

HI ALL

Sorry I've been kind of out of blog world lately. After the storm and power outage and craziness, I was fighting exhaustion! All I wanted to do was sleep! I would go to bed at 2am after work, sleep til 7:30, get Daws off to school, go back to bed at 9am and wake up at 12:30 and then got ready for work! That was my life for 2 weeks! ugh! I don't know why I was sooo sleepy but I think I am better now. I hate when I sleep alot because I feel soo unproductive but the fact of the matter is, one of my favorite things in the world to do is SLEEP! I have always loved to sleep! I wish I didn't love it so much........don't know why I do. ha

Another thing I have been dealing with is an injured hubby. He pulled a muscle in his back last Tuesday and after lots of bed rest, lots of whining, a trip to the doc, a trip to Urgent care, three coritzone shots, a trip to the ER, a shot of demerol and some rest..........he finally went back to work today!!! He's still in alot of pain but is pushing thru it. We just couldn't afford for him to be off anymore. All the time off was unpaid due to the fact that he was hired on from being a temp only 2 months ago so his benefits have not kicked in yet.

Goodness, someone should have been video taping our trip to the ER! ha I drove him on Sunday to the ER and he had to crawl to the car and somehow stuff his body into the car and then when we got to the hospital, I had to get two medical people to get him out of the car! I can't lift him and he couldn't move..........boy, if that boy ever become imobile, he will have to go into a home cause I can't budge him! So, the two medical people got him out of the car, all the while listening to Shawn scream cuss words in pain! ha ha Then they put him on a Gurny (sp?) because he couldn't sit in a wheelchair without pain. It was an experience let me tell ya!

Oh and how did he pull the muscle, you ask? He turned to hang his towel on the shower rod and there it went!

Today I am busy cooking a yummy dinner, organizing clothes, closets and drawers and printing stuff off the internet for Daws to use on his school project that's due Friday. Then, I am off to work! Hope you are all having a good week! Later gators!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

i have never been much of a sleeper. but i'd love a nap right now!!

hope you got everything done! your turn on scrabble again.

Amanda said...

Okay, so you hadn't told me HOW he injured his back! Don't tell him I laughed when I read it! I feel, due to my accidentprone-ness I am allowed to laugh!
I am so glad he is back at work and that he is feeling a bit better. That sounds like an interesting trip to the er for sure!
Hope that you have a great night at work.

Char said...

I absolutely LOVE to sleep!! Love it, love it, love it!!!!! :)

Sorry your hubby is hurting. That's too bad. It's amazing what pain can do to a person - a big strong man!! My hubby has pulled his back doing simple, every day tasks as well. Ouchy!! Hope he is feeling better tonight.

Have a nice rest of the week!

Carrie said...

I've not been much of a sleeper. I am always up at 7 am no matter what time I got to sleep.

I hope Shawn's back feels better soon. Sounds painful.

Char said...

Notice how lura doesn't respond to your other posts and doesn't say nice stuff!! ;)

Amy said...

I can NOT sleep past 7am, no matter how hard I try! Then, napping is out of the question for me - I just can't seem to make myself go to sleep during the day, not that I ever get the opportunity anyway!!!
That stinks about Shawn's back - I hope he is feeling better soon!