Hi everyone!!! I am nervous today.....the appraisal of the house is today at 2pm. I have been cleaning and straightening the inside of the house all morning and still have some more to do after I take this break to post. Please pray that we get a good appraisal, the more the house is worth, the easier it will be for Shawn's parents to get all of their money back that they put into the house and the rest will stay in equity for Shawn and I. After the appraisal, we will move forward with buying the house ourselves. We have been approved for an FHA loan with a great interest rate! Of course our house payment will go up but not too much for us to handle. We are excited to finally own the house! We are anxious to get his parents out from underneath it all and be on our own with it. Shawn and I are planning on having a house warming party after we close! I am sooo excited to invite our friends and family into our new home that we've worked sooo hard on! Please keep us in your prayers that everything goes smoothly.
Yesterday I had my appt with the gynocologist. I hadn't been in 2 years so I needed to get in there. A funny thing happened while I was there. The nurse called me in from the waiting room and she said she was going to check my weight so she asked me to hop on the scale. Well as you all know, I have gained about 30 pounds since I quit smoking 18 months ago but I have been steadily staying between 130 and 135. I actually weigh myself every once in a while on the scale at work just to be sure I am not gaining. I had just weighed myself last week and it said I was 134, I was cool with that.
So, I hop on the scale at the docs office and she slides the little thing a mabob and she says okay you are 148 pounds! I whipped my head around at her with my mouth wide open and gasped, WHAT??? Poor girl looked scared and said "I'm sorry, is that not right?, this scale is always a little off." I said "A little!!!??? more like a 14 pound difference!!!!" she said "okay, lets go over here to the other scale. So, I got on that one and it said I was 134 as I was expecting the first scale to say! ugh! I was like, girlfriend, yall need to get rid of that scale, you are going to make these women want to jump off cliffs thinking they are 14 pounds heavier than they thought!!! ha She laughed and said, yeah I should just avoid that one altogether when I weigh the patients! Whew! That freaked me out thinking I gained 14 pounds in a week! Oh mylanta!!!
Daws is doing well at school thus far. He loves his homeroom teacher, Mr. Rand. He actually has three teachers. They switch classes already!! Can you believe that!? He has Mrs. Dickerson for Language arts and reading, Mrs. Lux for Science and Social Studies and Mr Rand for math. They can't even keep their supplies in their desks since other kids sit in them. They have to carry everything in their backpacks........I just think that's alot for 8 and 9 years old. Daws seems to enjoy it tho.
Mr. Rand gave us his email address and encourages us to email him anytime we need to, which I love. I had a few questions for him so I sent him an email and he got back to me quickly and he was sooo nice and helpful. I like him alot. Another cool thing is that they have this website called Progress book and we get our own usernames and passwords and we can access our child's grades anytime we want! It gives us all of his grades on everything and we can follow his progress and email Mr. Rand with any questions we may have........isn't that cool??? I love this!
Oh and to update you on Cam. He moved back in with his dad so he could finish high school. He's a senior this year! My hope has always been for him to graduate from high school. It's always been my fear he would drop out like I did. I am sooo happy that he's going to graduate!!! He couldn't live here and attend his school so he ended up deciding to move back with his dad. He says they seem to be working things out so far so please keep him in your prayers! I am going to be such a proud mama at his graduation in June!!!! Oh I can't wait!
Okay, well my break is over, gotta go put some laundry away! Love to you all! PEACE OUT!

5 comments:
I will pray and keep everything crossed for your appraisal! Let us know how it goes. The house looks gorgeous, so I think they will be impressed! Take some pics of the inside to show us too!
That is crazy about Daws switching rooms and carrying everything in a backpack. As long as he likes it and does well :) I guess that is all that matters. Gabe has the online progress book too. That will be nice to monitor how things are going.
Did the rest of your dr's appt. go well? I hope that you are healthy!
I am glad that Cam and his dad are getting along better. I hope that he has a fantastic year at school. Yay graduation!!!!
Well she didn't find anything lumps in the breasts so those must be healthy! As for the pap, she said, I will only hear from them if there is a problem so hopefully, I won't hear from them. Thanks for asking AP!
Oh no back to J's...poor Cam, I hope it works out this time!! I love that kid!
We have a thing called Edline at Ryan's school that does the same thing, it is awesome. When they get older you can even see if they don't hand in an assignment and stuff. We also have email address for all their teachers, it is awesome.
So How did the appraisal go? Can't wait to read about it.
thjats funny about the scale at the dr's office! I would have freaked too!
I am glad things are working out for Cameron too!
how did it go??
Post a Comment