Friday, December 19, 2008

HEY GIRLIES

Hi there. I haven't been blogging much because I have been really sick. I have another nasty sinus infection and an ear infection. The doc says I also have bronchitis but my cough isn't that bad so I don't think I do. I do feel miserable tho. The only person who I have been around who has been sick was Ryan from work. He had a cold last week........no one else has been sick around me so I guess I caught it from him.

I have gotten all of my baking, shopping and wrapping done so all I have to do is rest. I don't have to worry about anything else which is nice. I have been doing laundry here and there but that's about it. I am off work tonight, I scheduled it off a while ago but for some reason I am on the schedule at work.......my friend Ashley texted me and told me I was on there. I guess my supervisor forgot to turn my form in AGAIN! UGH! Oh well, it doesn't get me in trouble cause he approved my day off.

Dawson's last day of school was today!!! He's so excited to have 10 days off for Christmas break! He had a Christmas party today too and even tho I am very sick, I went so I could help Mr. Rand. He has no one else to help him with the parties so I felt obligate to go, plus I love to go to Dawson's parties and he loves seeing me there! It was fun. I will post pics of that later.

This weekend I plan to just hang out here at home, and be with my family. The house is nice and cozy and pretty for Christmas. I have candles lit everywhere and there's enough baked goods in this house to make me gain weight just looking at it! ha ha Not to mention the little candy dishes throughout the house.......ugh! I have decided not to even worry about what I am eating during the holiday's but after New Years, I am going to cut out alot of the junk, eat better and get some daily exercise. Not only to lose weight but mainly just to be healthier! I eat way too much junk!

Shawn will be going out tomorrow night to play cards with some buddies from work. I have been telling him he needed to make better friends and I really like these new guys. Much better company for Shawn. I am happy for him. While he's gone playing cards, Daws and I will be watching some Christmas movies! We will be watching Home Alone, Jingle All the Way, The Santa Clause and Frosty the snowman! I love all of these and so does he. It will be nice to have a weekend at home and not running around like a maniac. I'm sure it will be nuts out there this weekend with all the last minute shoppers! NO THANK YOU!

On Sunday, we will be going to my inlaws church with them. Shawn's sister Kristen and her husband Jason will be in town late Saturday night and we are all going to church together. I love when we do that........we usually go out for lunch afterwards.

Oh one thing that has been exciting for me is that I have found one of my long lost friends from grade school! Her name is Leada and I first found a mutual friend on myspace and he gave me her number and we have been chatting for the last few days. She lives close too, which is awesome! I haven't seen her in forever and have been looking for her for years. I also found my old friend Amy. I have been talking to her now for a few weeks and we are going to be getting together soon. I can't wait to see her kids. She's excited that my house is wheelchair accessible too because she's in a chair and all of my other places I've lived, she's never been able to come visit. She's excited! ha

Well, other than laying around, watching movies, eating junk and drinking hot chocolate.........I'm really not doing much this weekend. Hopefully I will be 100 percent healthy for Christmas! Hope you all have a great weekend and Christmas!!! Love you guys!

9 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Is that the Amy with 14 1/2 kids are no? The one I met at the big Easter Egg hunt?

That is great about the old friends. I am talking , chatting and Iming with old friedns everyday from facebook and it is life changing really. It makes you feel so good. You feel like these people really know you from back then, ya know? I love it too. I am meeting a girl from high school school. It is cool.
I bet the baked goods are good...yummy.

Hope you feel better,

Crystal said...

Sonya - no, that's Amanda from Drake. Amy is a friend of mine I have known for 16 years! She has 2 kids.

You probably know Leada too. She lived next door to me when I was little and I think you met her.

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh ok..thanks for the gifts..we are calling now to thank you

Cheryl said...

I remember Leada. Sorry your sick, snothead. glad you got everything done. I am going to start baking my cookie tomorrow after church. I have baked lots of pumpkin bread!! ryan's party was yesterday too, so much fun!!

Amy said...

I hope you feel better soon!! My weekend was similar to yours - nice and relaxing. Gavin is excited to be off school too! That's so cool that you found some old friends!!

Carrie said...

I hope you feel better soon. I hate having colds/sinus infections.

you are smart to stay home this weekend with all the crazy shoppers! We were on Colerain Ave. and it was nutsy.

SamandSawyersMom said...

great, now new post

Lura said...

Hope you're feeling better! Enjoy Dawson's break from school!

Char said...

I hope you aren't sick anymore!
I'm glad you are gettting acquanted with old friends.