This one is easy for me. I wish I had known that my kids WILL learn what they need to know. I remember reading a parenting book that told me that my child should roll over at 4 months (or whatever) and on the eve. of that date, I'd be sitting on the floor physically rolling him over thinking "Oh crap, he has to learn this". I remember drilling Sammy at 18 months on colors. Blue, I would say a thousand times. Blue Blue Blue. I realize now that he will learn his colors and as long as he knows them by kindergarten, all is well. The only thing I stress about like that now is letters because that is the basis for reading and Sammy bores of sitting and going over them.
5 comments:
This one is easy for me. I wish I had known that my kids WILL learn what they need to know. I remember reading a parenting book that told me that my child should roll over at 4 months (or whatever) and on the eve. of that date, I'd be sitting on the floor physically rolling him over thinking "Oh crap, he has to learn this". I remember drilling Sammy at 18 months on colors. Blue, I would say a thousand times. Blue Blue Blue. I realize now that he will learn his colors and as long as he knows them by kindergarten, all is well. The only thing I stress about like that now is letters because that is the basis for reading and Sammy bores of sitting and going over them.
I wish I had known about separation anxiety and how to deal with it or never let it start. it's really really tough.
time to post
How valuable sleep and free time were.
Amen to the free time.
Post a Comment