Since Sonya and Cheryl lost their Grandmother recently, it has made me think alot about my Grandmother's. Both of mine are gone and I was particularly close to my Grandma Irvine (she was a great lady.) She watched me alot when I was little. Today at work, I was listening to my Kelly Pickler album that I have on my MP3 player and a song came on that made me cry. It just reminded me of my Grandmother and how Sonya and Cheryl just lost their Grandma. I wanted to post the lyrics of this song..........it's absolutely beautiful! Kelly Pickler was raised by her Grandparents. Her mom left her when she was a baby and her dad is in prison. Her Grandmother died a few years ago. If you watched American Idol last year you should know who Kelly is and I truly recommend buying her album........it's unbelievable! I love Carrie Underwoods music so much and I wasn't sure if I would like Kelly's but it's just as good. Below are the lyrics to the song, My Angel. If you can listen to this song online, please do!!! It's awesome!
Every day when school got out
I'd get off the bus and I'd run down
That old dirt road where you were waiting for me
On the front porch in that blue swing
You'd be smiling and we would sing 'Amazing Grace' and 'Jesus Loves Me'
You were like my mother
You were my best friend
You were everything I want to be And all the good inside of me
There's never been Never been another
That loved me like you did
My grandmother, my angel
Even though I can' touch your face
I feel you with me every day
I wish you could see all my dreams comin true
When I get lost I close my eyes
And I feel you shinin down so bright
I feel you shinin down on me
You were like my mother
You were my best friend
You were everything I want to be And all the good inside of me
There's never been Never been another
That loved me like you did My grandmother, my angel
You were like my mother
You were my best friend
You were everything I want to be And all the good inside of me
There's never been Never been another
That loved me like you did My grandmother, my angel My angel

3 comments:
wow that is good. I love Carrie maybe I will try Kelli's. I liked her last year but didn't think she could win.
I heard Kellie's red heels song and it was very high pitched and twangy and i hated it. I decided not to buy her CD and then I heard her new song on the View about her mother. It was great. She must have done the twang for that one song. A lot of people like that twang, like my husband...not me. Those words are great.
I love Red High heels.....You should listen to her whole cd, it's awesome! Cheryl, I liked her last year too but didn't think she was strong enough to win either........you will love her cd is you like country music.
Post a Comment