Wednesday, January 3, 2007

NEW YEAR GOAL LIST

1. Quit smoking!!!!

2. Stop being so obsessive about cleaning my house and spend more time with my boys. I find myself saying "just a minute, I have all this stuff I gotta do!" I have to remind myself that it's okay to let my house go so I can play a game or something else fun with my boys. My house will be able to get cleaned when they are in bed or whenever I get around to it!

3. Be a better friend. I tend to lose touch with alot of my friends and become a hermit. I need to stop doing that.

4. Stop being such a homebody!!! I rarely go anywhere unless it's to work, the store or to my inlaws house. I have become such a homebody over the years and I need to get myself and my kids out more. I see this problem becoming a problem for Dawson. He's a huge homebody too! He hates going places and when we do, he's always asking to go home!

5. Follow thru with what I say I am going to do. I have a bad habit of saying I am going to do something and not do it...........horrible habit!

6. Finish what I start. I always start something and find some reason not to finish it.........I need to see things thru to the end.

7. Save more money!!! This a big one! I don't spend a huge amount but I never seem to get any money into a savings account. I need to buckle down and just do it.

8. Eat more dinners at the table with my family. We all have gotten into a horrible habit of eating dinner in front of the t.v...........another terrible habit! I was so good at making everyone eat at the table for years but for the last year, we rarely do!

9. Learn something new. I am not creative and I don't know how to sew, knit or anything like that, I'd love to learn.

10. Be more involved in Dawson's school. I was so involved last year, I was the room mom and I volunteered for everything. This year, I have been a slacker! Starting next week, I will have Wednesday's off so I think I will see what I can do on Wednesdays for the school.

Please keep me in your prayers and hold me accountable! Thank you all.

5 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Good for you. I think the smoking one is the best and I think the homebody thing is a must. I think your reasoning is perfect. Dawson won't learn anything else otherwise. I am praying for you sweetie!

Amanda said...

I have some of the same goals. The homebody one especially! I wish you so much Luck!!! Keep us posted on how things go.

Crystal said...

Thank you!!! That means alot to me! I will definitely keep you posted.

Lura said...

Good goals! Now start thinking about how you are going to accomplish them, one step at a time. And don't try to tackle all of them at once or you'll set yourself up for failure.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I think a great goal that you could do even today, right now as a matter of fact, is post!