Wow! I finally took my new bubble butt to Church! ha Oh I cannot believe I have spent over a year out of Church!!! It was so awesome being there today. Cam and Daws were supposed to go with me but they stayed up way too late with Shawn so I just went by myself.
I was very nervous cause I have never been to this particular Church. It's the Northwest Vineyard just two blocks from my house. I even sent a text message to Amanda telling her I was about to go in by myself and that I was nervous! I guess I just needed support...........well she gave me her support! She texted me back and my cell phone went off twice in Church!!! OH how embarrassing! ha ha Don't worry Amanda, it wasn't your fault..........I totally forgot to turn my phone off! ugh!
It was amazing......from the moment I walked in that Church, I felt like I came home! It was wonderful! They must have known I was coming too because they had about a gazillion boxes of tissues everywhere you turned! ha I sobbed like a baby as I always do when I go back to Church after being gone for a while! No particular reason.............I guess I just have a good cleansing cry.
I love this Church, it has an awesome contemporary worship band, which I love. They play all the music you hear on KLOVE radio station. It felt so good to worship the Lord with so many people there to do the same thing! The dress code is great too, there were people in flip flops and shorts, dress pants and a top, tank tops............you name it, there was someone wearing it! The Pastor was even wearing jeans and a Hawaian button down with some sneakers. They have a coffee bar where you can get free coffee and they also have free bottled water. You can take it in the Chapel with you.................just like all the other Vineyard Churches I've been to.
My nerves went away quickly because they have greeters everywhere and I said "Hi, this is my first time here." and they showed me where everything was and welcomed me and introduced me to people. I felt completely comfortable.
It's so funny because I am such a comfort zone person that no matter what Church I go to, I always sit in the exact same spot! ha ha I always sit in the left section in the third row! ha ha That's just where I have always sat.........isn't that funny! ha
I just want to thank Lura. Lura, I have been wanting to go back to Church for so long and have been putting it off and putting it off. I love Church but I tend to get sucked into worldly things that pull me away from my walk. After reading your post about the ten Commandments, I felt the Lord speaking to me thru you! It was awesome! I haven't felt that in a long time. I then decided I was going to try my hardest not to be a lukewarm Christian...........that really stuck with me. I sincerely thank you for that! I am definitely a person that needs an accountability partner and you gave me a swift kick in the butt that I needed!!!! GOD IS GOOD!
I even went up to the prayer team after the service and got prayer. I told them that I needed prayer for a stronger relationship with Christ and that my fam needed prayer for finances. I told them that Shawn was laid off and that he has an interview on Tuesday so they prayed for me on all of these things. Three people were praying over me and I felt God's presence so strong........it was wonderful!
After I got prayer, I went to the welcome center for newcomers and they gave me a gift bag with some pamphlets and a free cd of their worship band! It's awesome too! I love it! Anyway, I started my day off the best way possible and now I am off to go lay at the pool! Bye girlies!

10 comments:
Good for you! You should call my mom, or I'll call her for you. She goes there by herself too!! You can walk there together!!!
So sorry about the text messages...I didn't look at the time you sent them because my computer clock is way off! I hope you enjoyed me being there with you...sorry again!
I am glad you found a church you like and I hope you go back and love it more each time!!!
oh I am so proud. I am glad Lura got all the credit when I harp you all the time about getting your baby to church. But, hey, it's all the Lord's work right?? Lura will feel good knowing her preaching worked.
I will be there trying it in 2 Sundays then. You should have called me cause I didn't know what church I would try until late this morning!
I know you and my mother n law always harp on me about going to Church. Lura didn't harp, she just knocked me over the head with the truth! I needed that!
Oh and Sonya, I have been inviting you to go to that Church with me for weeks! I hope you do come, it will be nice!
It sounds just like Eastside. Right down to the music and goodies bag. I love it there.
God is the one who got you there. It's never about people, but God working through people and in people.
Exactly!
I'm glad it was so welcoming and you felt so comfortable. It's supposed to feel good when you walk through the doors. However you got there, I'm glad.
yeah i am glad too and God deserves the credit.
Post a Comment