We had a good weekend. On Friday night, I hung out with Shawn and the boys. Shawn and Cam went to bed early because they had to get up early on Saturday morning to do more yard work at Shawn's parents house.
Cam got to go on the roof and blow leaves out of the gutters! He actually liked doing it! ha Kevin and Shawn cut down trees and cut the grass and filled in some bricks. They were there working from 9 am until 2 pm.
After they were all done, Shawn was looking for his dad, to say goodbye to him and they couldn't find him. He had been in the backyard in his wheelchair but was no longer there. Finally they heard him yelling out and they found him on the side of the house lying on the ground!!!! He had been trying to go to the front yard by going around the house and his chair hit a bump and he tumbled over!
Oh, when Shawn told me this, I just cried! I feel so horrible for this man! How humiliating it must be for him......it just hurt my heart. I just can't imagine being 76 years old, lying on the ground not being able to move and waiting for someone to find me! UGH He has sore ribs, a couple of scrapes, a cut finger and a sore shoulder but he's doing fine. When Kevin and Shawn and the neighbor got to him and picked him up, they asked him if he was okay and he said "I'm fine, nothing's hurt but my pride." That just makes me feel so sad. I called and checked on him today and he's still sore but is healing well. He even cracked a few jokes about it so that is good.
I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done on Saturday and I went to the grocery.......that was about it for Saturday. Yesterday, I went to Church and then Daws and I went to the pool for a few hours. We met Shelly and Casey there again and we all had fun. Then I took Cam to his dad's house in Milford and came back and Shawn grilled some burgers and corn on the cob and then I went thru a bunch of paperwork and junk. Daws and I played a few board games and then I went outside and pulled some weeds, watered my flowers, watched a show with Shawn and then went to bed...........exciting huh!?

12 comments:
I feel bad for Shawn's dad. At least he wasn't hurt any worse and he seemed to be able to laugh a bit at himself. Sometimes that is the best way to heal bruised pride. I know!
Your weekend sounded both productive and fun. I love corn on the cob!
Your poor father in law. I feel so bad for him. How long was he laying on the ground?
Atleast nothing is broke.
Well I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt, but it's so hard to see the people we love become helpless and desperate for our help. I hope he feels better today. I'm glad someone was there to help him.
Other than that your weekend sounds nice. I hope your week goes well too.
Oh girl you need to slow down, you'll hurt yourself. SM.
Oh that's too bad! I'm sorry!
Your weekend sounds great otherwise!
WHOO HOO SUGAR DOGS ARE GOOD SUGAR SOGS ARE GREAT
I think someone has been over to Charity's this afternoon....
Aww,now I can comment. Wow, that thing about Gerald was terrible. I can just see him joking about it though. I hopehe feels better. I think he must have been very lucky to have it happen when so many people were there with him.
Your food always sounds good. I wonder if it is edible though...SM.
Everytime I am looking for you, you are that dang pool. You are crazy. I told Shawn that you guys really get your money's worth out of that membership.
Sounds busy but fun!
Um, I can't believe you haven't posted something new yet.
Hello? Is anyone home? Where is a POST?
P-O-S-T
p-o-s-t
OSTPAY, OSTPAY
POST, POST, POST!
Post a Comment