I had the most wonderful day today!!!! I was given the best gift in the world!!!! My hubby went to Church with me!!!! YAY! We didn't go to my new Church, we went to our old Church, which is where his parents go now. It was the Center Hill Salvation Army Corp. I had planned on going to watch my sis inlaw sign a worship song in sign language and Shawn decided he wanted to go too! I couldn't believe it! So, Shawn, Daws and I went to Church and Kristen's performance moved all of us to tears........it was very beautiful! I cannot even describe it. I took some pictures of her while she was up there. I will post them. I saw alot of people that I used to see when I attended that Church 5 years ago and I saw alot of people who knew who I was but I didn't know they were.......ha ha They knew my mother and my aunt and uncle who are Salvation Army officers. It was very nice. The sermon was fantastic!!! It was like it was written for my husband and my inlaws! The whole sermon was about how God loves you know matter what you look like on the outside..........all He cares about is your heart. He doesn't care if you have tattoos, pierces, torn and tattered clothes or if you are wearing an Armoni suit!!! He loves YOU! My husband needed to hear that because I really feel that the reason he doesn't like going to Church is because he feels like he's not good enough because of his style. I think he feels this way because of his parents. His parents are very conservative and judgmental of people with long hair, overweight, tattoos etc. They are always on Shawn about his appearance and I think it has caused Shawn to feel unworthy. The sermon was so important for them to hear!!! I was sitting in Church just beaming while listening to every word of the sermon. It never fails, whenever I am in Church, the sermon hits sooo close to home...........it'a an incredible feeling. I couldn't of asked for a better experience in Church with my husband. Shawn even talked to the Pastor for 20 minutes after the service..........it was soo good to see that! THANK YOU LORD!!!!!
After Church we all went to the Old Spaghetti Factory..........can you say YUMMY!!! Oh my, it was sooo good! I had chicken marsala and strawberry lemonade........I had never eaten there before and I highly recommend it!
Now I am finishing up some last minute cleaning because Shawn's sis is coming for dinner tomorrow night and we are going to hang out and stuff! That will be fun! I hope you all had a good weekend! Love ya!
After Church we all went to the Old Spaghetti Factory..........can you say YUMMY!!! Oh my, it was sooo good! I had chicken marsala and strawberry lemonade........I had never eaten there before and I highly recommend it!
Now I am finishing up some last minute cleaning because Shawn's sis is coming for dinner tomorrow night and we are going to hang out and stuff! That will be fun! I hope you all had a good weekend! Love ya!

5 comments:
that was great that you both went. I am glad the sermon moved you. i wish I could try going there but it would be too weird with his parents.
I am so glad Shawn went to church with you! Thats weird, because Matt decided all of a sudden on Saturday he wanted to go to church that afternoon! So we all went together too! It was so wonderful having him with me!
That is fantastic! I hope it becomes a regular thing for you guys.
I would have loved to see your sister in law doing th esign language. How neat.
That is great! I can't imagine what it would be like to go to church w/o my husband ( I mean, I could physically do it, I just am so glad that he goes). We have lots of women in our church who do though.
I love watching people do sign to music. It is very moving. I have always wanted to see "Shout to the Lord" done to sign.
Post a Comment