Today was Dawson's first day of second grade!!! He said he had a great day but it was very very hot!!! The school district has decided to close all of the schools early tomorrow and Friday due to the heat emergency that's been issued. It's supposed to be soo hot that it will feel like it's 105 degrees!!! YIKES!!! Dawson's school has always required the kids to bring a water bottle to school during the hot months so that helps me not worry too much cause I know he's getting fluids. He takes a water bottle every single day.
I started a tradition way back when Cam started Kindergarten that every year on the first day of school I take the boys out for icecream after school. They loved it and Daws looked forward to it all day! ha ha It was strange not to have Cam with us though. Here are some pics I took of his day.

6 comments:
i'm glad his first day went so well. plus, it must be great to get out early for the next few days!
i like the ice cream tradition - i might have to copy that
He didn't even wear his new shoes!! That is a BIG ice cream!!
ha ha I know! It was too hot to wear socks and sneakers so he wore his sandals.
He asked if he could have a large cone and I figured, what the heck! ha ha
oh those are cute.
That icecream made my mouth water. That is my favorite: vanilla with Jimmies...yum~!
It seems like we were just looking at last day of school pics! I like the ice cream tradition.
Awww...I love thosepictures! For everyone who doesn't know...they are standing on the same corner me and my sister stood on when we would catch the bus! Its literally right outside my parents house!
Post a Comment