Thursday, September 13, 2007

JUST A POST

Hi girls. I have been busy today so I haven't had the time to post until now. I only have a few minutes.

On Tuesday, I went thru Dawson's folder from school and I looked at the graded papers and then threw them in the trash. ( I only save special stuff) Anyway, 20 mins later, Daws says "Mom, I can't find my homework, it's not in my folder!" Ooops! I had thrown his homework in the trash along with the graded papers and I didn't realize it. I went to get it out but it was covered in food and trash and couldn't be saved. I wrote a note to his teacher explaining what happened so he wouldn't get flipped. I asked Daws if she said anything about my note and he said she just laughed! ha I'm sure she thinks I am a ditz! Oh well, at least Daws didn't get in trouble for my mistake.......I would have felt awful!

Please continue to pray for me and my fam and for Shawn to find a job soon. He has been applying like crazy and I have even been emailing his resumes into companies. Hopefully we will hear something soon. It's been three months and our savings is gone and we are really struggling.......I know God will provide so I am trying not to worry too much. Just keep us in your prayers.

I am worried about Dawson's birthday party on Saturday. We are throwing a water theme party with a slip n slide, water balloons and super soakers and it's supposed to be 65 degrees that day!!! ugh! I don't want to give the poor kids Pneumonia! Does anyone have any idea what I can do if it's too cold to do the water stuff? It can't be anything that costs because I only spent a total of 30 bucks on his party to begin with since we are tight so I can't buy more. Come on girls, you gotta have some fun creative ideas for me! There will be a total 7 boys. Let me know if you come up with anything!

Yesterday, Shawn and I spent 4 hours deep cleaning our house! We moved all our furniture and vacuumed the carpets and even used our attachments to get along the wall, and we vacuumed our couch and chairs! We washed all the windows and we also did some reorganizing! We worked our butts off and it was actually kind of fun! We cranked up the tunes and broke a sweat cleaning! ha ha It was definitely a good stress reducer and good exercise! I am very sore today though! ha ha Shawn's been spending a lot more time at home now and we have been trying to do more things together and reconnect, I think that's important in times of stress!

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers and support! I don't know what I would do without this blog! It helps soooo much! I love you all! LATER GATORS!

P.S. And Thank you so much Charity for the encouraging card you sent to me! It meant a lot and Daws loved the Spongebob bookmarks! ha ha

13 comments:

Carrie said...

I will pray that Shawn will find something soon. I know God will get you thru...he always does.

I am no help in the creative department for your party Saturday, but if I do think of anything I will let you know :)

Anonymous said...

I hope it`s okay to give my input. You could do a carnival theme just paint faces, have a balloon popping contest or balloon decorating, you can do a twister game with chalk or with construction paper and put little pieces of paper into a hat with body parts labeled and whatever color you pull out is the color they put their body part on.You can still use the squirt guns and hit a target.
I will continue to pray for you, I wanted to tell you that the other day but didn`t know if I should write.I hope it`s okay.

Crystal said...

Thanks Carebear!

Teri, I am thrilled that you commented on my blog! Thank you so much for your ideas and your prayers!! Feel free to comment anytime! I love having you!

Cheryl said...

if you still need to keep the water theme, you could do something with fish, like hide them all over the house and make them collect them. Or make a scavenger that has water clues or have the clues lead them to water. The toilet, the sink or shower. You could make the fish from paper.

Anonymous said...

Or you could use Swedish Fish!!!

Crystal said...

CRUP CARRIE!

SamandSawyersMom said...

don'twaste any swedish fish

SamandSawyersMom said...

i just read this 9had sunbeams last night)so i will be back with my party ideas

SamandSawyersMom said...

how about outside games like dodge ball, kick ball (make cool bases out of something and write Happy Birtnday dawson on them...maybe pizza boxes??)
How about playing "pig" with basketball but making them spell out DAWS instead?

SamandSawyersMom said...

you could also do the movie thing with popcorn and candy

SamandSawyersMom said...

if you do the movie thing, you could turn out the lights and then use a flashlight to come in the room and yell out POPCORN..get your popcorn!!!

Amy said...

I thought I commented earlier, but I don't see it here, so I'm posting again. I will pray that Shawn finds something soon. I think it's great that you are taking time to reconnect though - you're right, it's especially important right now.
I have no suggestions on the party though - I'm the least creative person in the world! I will be calling Sonya around Gavin's birthday though for some ideas!

Char said...

I'm glad you liked the card! I'm also glad Dawson liked the book marks. I knew he would!! :)
That's funny about the homework. I laughed outloud!! haha!
I really do hope that Shawn finds a job soon. I'm sorry!!
Maybe you could have a video game party - like have all the kids bring their game boys if they have them, or borrow a playstation or something from some one. Set up stations to play together or something.
Any kind of outside play is good! Games or something. Even balloon games are fun and cheap!!
Good luck!