Wednesday, October 10, 2007

PRAISE REPORT!!!!!

Okay, I was waiting to see what happened before I posted about this.

As you all know, Shawn was supposed to leave to go out of town on Sunday to start that Cargo van job, right?? Well, To make a very long story short, I started having very sick and bad feelings about him taking that job. It just didn't sit well with me and I had a strong pull telling me not to let him go. As I am laying in bed feeling this way on Saturday morning, he calls me from the house he was working on with his brother and tells me that he was mad because he had just gotten messages come to his cell phone voicemail that were over a week old!!! For some reason he has had problems with getting his voicemails on his cell phone a week late! Anyway he was mad cause three of the 15 messages were on his resume!!!! I took that and a few other things as a sign that my gutt feeling was right.

So, after talking to each other and to some friends and family and the minister's at the Salvation Army Church, we decided that Shawn would call the trucking place and tell them he needed to push his start date back a week and that would give him this whole week to look into the calls he got on his resume. So, Monday he returned those messages and he couldn't get a hold of anyone from either of the three places that called him so he left them a message to return his call. He heard nothing back Monday or yesterday and he was very depressed last night, saying that he was afraid we may have made the wrong decision and that maybe he should have taken the trucking job. I on the other hand still felt good about our decision and I told him that I knew in my heart that he would hear back from someone tomorrow (meaning today). He asked me how I could be so sure of myself and I told him I had faith in God and that I knew we were obeying what He wanted us to do so He would take care of us.

So, this morning I called Shawn at home and he said he still hadn't heard anything. I called at lunch and still nothing. Then at 2pm, he calls me and told me that all three places called him back and he has three interviews scheduled!!!! Tomorrow he has a phone interview with Fifth Third, Friday he has an interview with Time Warner and Monday he has an interview with The Sheakley Group (another good company).

Oh I was sooo excited and I reminded my husband that God will provide and that he just needed to have faith!!! I also told him he needed to pray and thank God for providing these interviews. GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!

Please pray that his interviews go well! I will keep you posted when he's done with the interview process!!!!

***Sonya, this is what I called you about earlier when your cell phone dropped the call while you were at the Museum!!!!I was sooo excited and when the call was dropped before I got to tell you, I literally screamed!!! ha ha

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Well we'll definitely pray hard for you today. God will bless you for being so faithful! Let us know as soon as you hear something!

Amy said...

That's wonderful news! I'll be praying that he has 3 job offers by this time next week!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the interviews.Good for you for going with faith, not circumstances. Do you know that song...Not by sight, not by power, but by My spirit says the Lord.He led you in the right direction.

Crystal said...

AMEN TERI!!! I do know that song!!!

It's hard to do sometimes, but when you do have faith and not try to control things yourself, the Lord pours out His Blessings, He never fails!

SamandSawyersMom said...

and thank God He still pours His blessings on me when I DO try to control things or I'd be in big trouble.

That is wonderful. I was so mad that you posted this and didn't tell me until i read the bottom. It is still over.

Carrie said...

That is awesome! You're in my thoughts and prayers as always!

Char said...

Wow, that is great!!!! Keep us posted!!