Monday, April 28, 2008

UPDATE ON CAM

Okay, things got really stressful there for a minute but I think for now, things are under control.

As you all know, Cam was staying temporarily with his friend Chris' family. I emailed the Dean at his school and explained the whole situation to her. I explained that Cameron's dad is abusive to him and that living with him is not an option any longer. I asked her if it would be okay for him to finish out the year even though he may be living with me and she was fine with it.

I wanted him to come back home with us soo badly but I was still faced with a huge dilema about how I was going to get him to and from his school everyday with Shawn already being gone in the morning and having to work and having to get Daws to school as well. It was a lot to try to work out and even if we were able to do it, we were worried about being able to afford the gasoline to do it since money is already tight. It was sooo frustrating to me that it was sooo difficult to bring my child back home. I cried for days about it.

I called Chris' mom and blubbered like an idiot to her. I told her the details about Cam's dad and she said she already had choice words for him but she tried to keep her mouth shut about it so she didn't make things worse for Cam. I told her how grateful we were that they took him in and are sooo good to him. I asked her if he would be able to stay there just until school was out in 5 weeks and she said that her family adores Cam and they have no problems having him, the only issue was space. She said Chris was having a hard time sharing his room with Cameron and his older brother that just recently moved back in due to losing his job. She said it was making Chris a little grumpy. I told her I was picking Cam up for the weekend and she said she would talk to Chris to see if he could stand the situation for the 5 weeks and then she would let me know. She said she thought he'd agree to it.

Well, Saturday afternoon, Chris called Cam and told him he didn't want him to come back because he is too cramped. Cam was very upset by this news because he just wanted to finish the school year and this was the easiest way for him to do it. When he told us that he couldn't go back to Chris', we immediately started trying to figure out how we could get him to and from school. He said he would ask his dad if he could move back and Shawn and I told him that was not an option. We do not want him to go back there at all!!!

So, Shawn and I went and filled up my gas tank yesterday and planned on driving him to and from school everyday and just pray it worked out. I was going to have to get Daws up way early to drive Cam to school in the morning and then come back home, get Daws ready for school and then go to work on my work days. It was going to be alot but Shawn and I sat down and said that we were all going to just have to make some sacrifices for the next 5 weeks to get Cam thru school. So that was the plan! I was soo relieved that things were settled. But then something really great happened.....

Sonya called me and said that Steve works off the same exit as Cam's school and he agreed to give Cameron a ride to school in the mornings and then all I had to do was pick him up in the afternoon!!! WOW!!! Steve agreed to try it for one day, which was today to see how it went and if it worked out well, he would do it on a regular basis. Apparently it worked out pretty well because Steve said he would see Cam in the morning. Oh my goodness! I cannot tell you how grateful I am to Sonya and Steve!!! I wanna bake that boy a cake or wash and wax his truck........SOMETHING to show him how grateful I am!!! This makes things so much easier and my son can relax a bit now and finish school.........I love you guys soooo much, I don't know what we'd do without you!!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!! ANYTHING!

Thank you all for your prayers........the Lord definitely does provide!!!! The best part is that I have my baby back home where I know he's safe and loved!!!!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh I am glad you got it all worked out. Don't bake Steve a cake he is dieting!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

yeah, but today is his birthday so he gets to eat cake. Steve is a doll for doing this and I told him I'd give him anything he wanted too.

Cam deserves people sacrificing for him. That poor kid deserves it.

Amy said...

That is wonderful news! I am so glad that things worked out and that is awesome that Steve agreed to drive him. YAY!

Carrie said...

I am so happy for you and Cameron. It is very sweet and thoughtful of Steve to drive him too school.

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Depending on the situation for the fall (now that you have a plan for the next 5 weeks) you could check out an alternative option that is available (maybe) in your (sort of) area. Check out www.ombudsman.com (I think or it might be org). It is the same program I worked for. It works great for some kids and it might be an option for Cam. let me know if I can answer any questions...email me when you have a chance.