Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CHECKIN IN............

Hi everyone! Obviously I have been busy since my last post was Friday......that's a long time for me! ha

Our weekend as good. We spent the day Saturday with Shawn's parents, putting up their tree and hanging their outside lights. We couldn't do it the Saturday before due to the rain. So, they are happy that their house is all ready for the holidays.

We will be having Thanksgiving at Shawn's parents house this year! Me and my sis inlaw will be bringing caserole dishes and other goodies for the dinner. It's so weird not to be cooking the whole meal, cause I did that for years when Shawn's parents lived in Florida and I actually miss it! I love to cook!

On Sunday, I spent the day with Kelly shopping for deals at Kroger and then we went to the library.......I got three audio books to listen to at work. Kelly is listening to the story of Lacy Peterson and it's told by Lacy's mother. Kelly said its really good so I am going to listen to it when she's done.

I ordered a bunch of pictures finally! I got all of Dawson's school pictures printed and our Christmas picture for our Christmas cards. I am excited to actually have a Christmas picture this year! The only thing I don't like is that Cam isn't in the family photo since he never has time to come for a visit. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when your kids are grown! ha

I am only off on Thanksgiving Day this week. I actually have to work on Black Friday!!! I have never worked it before! Shawn and I will be going shopping at 5am but then I will have to come home and take a nap before I go in to work at 4pm. It should be fine. We are excited to shop, Shawn has never gone with me before on Black Friday!

Today I am going to bring all of my Christmas decs up from the basement so I can put our tree up on Friday. I am sooo excited to have our first Christmas here in our new house and to see it all decorated! I have outside lights to put on the house too, that my mom inlaw gave me.

We are also going to be ordering my new kitchen floor! I cannot wait! The one thing I hate in this house is my kitchen floor! It's old white vinyl and it only stays clean for 5 mins if that! OH I hate it! I can't wait to see my new floor!

I think we are going to be shopping for a car this weekend as well. The van is a hunk of junk! It wouldn't start yesterday and I was late for work! It will not hold up thru the winter. We don't want a car payment so we are just going to buy a used car from a place that Shawn's brother says is a good place. He buys his cars there. They have some decent ones with only 35000 miles for 3 to 4 thousand bucks! I thought that was a good deal! So, hopefully we can find a good car this weekend and I can stop being scared everytime I leave for work that my van's not going to start! That will be a stress reliever for sure!

Well, I guess that's about it. I have just been busy around the house and getting ready for the holiday's. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love you guys!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

good luck finding the new car. hope you get a good one and one you like. i have started decorating too. it is so fun!! i love the holidays!!

Char said...

You sound busy! Good luck on car shopping! I hate car repairs and my vanny van van that seems to
always need something done to it!
We are decorating a little but we won't do it too much until after Thanksgiving!
Have a nice Thanksgiving with your family!

Carrie said...

You're a busy bee! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving...I am sorry you have to work Friday.

Have fun putting all your decorations up and looking for a car!

SamandSawyersMom said...

sounds fun. have fun shopping..take your gun, you may need it..ha.
let me know what goodies you get.

don't worry about not posting because your blog background changes so often that it is nice to visit for that alone!

like the pee pic

Amanda said...

aww crap-
I typed out a lengthy comment and it isn't here. Did you erase it???? Was it my remark about the pictures? huh?
Ask me on AIM and I will try and recall it for you. It won't be verbatum (word of the day!) but it will be close.

Lura said...

I love the new background! Hope you find a car that meets your needs.