Wednesday, December 31, 2008

REFLECTIONS

Wow! 2008 was a crazy, exciting and one of the most Blessed years I have ever had!

I have been thru alot in my life, alot of heartache, stress and painful circumstances and when I didn't know God, I just thought it was "bad luck". I used to think, "dang, I just can't catch a flippin break, I must really suck as a person!"

Then 6 years ago, I came to know God thru His son Jesus and I realized (not right away) but now I realize that God allows you to go thru trials and rough patches in order for you to really experience His love and it's usually thru other people. I see now that in all the painful experiences in my life, God sent me angels who helped me in those times of need. I didn't know at the time it was His doing but now I do. When I am going thru bad times, it's then that I can really truly see that God loves me because He always works thru other people to remind me how much He loves me and how I need to just TRUST HIM! I totally GET it now!

I mean just last year at this time, my husband and I were on the verge of being homeless! He was laid off for 10 months and couldn't find work and his unemployment ran out and we couldn't pay our rent. We had no where to go and were in serious trouble. Well, God sent us His Angels once again!!! I cannot say enough about my mom and dad inlaw. They are truly a Blessing in my life. For someone like me, who has not experienced true unconditional love from my parents and have always felt unworthy of love, they have completely filled my life and heart!! Are they perfect?? Of course not, do they drive me crazy at times? of course they do but seriously I have never felt more love, generosity and caring from people who are not "biologically" related to me. Words cannot express what they have brought to my life. I am living my dream thanks to them and thanks to God!!! I finally own my own house, I have a nice car that I don't have to worry about breaking down all the time and I have more love in my heart than I have EVER felt before!!! The true gift I have received from knowing The Lord is the natural joy and peace in my heart that ONLY comes from having a relationship with Him and in 2008 that's what I have learned and am so very much thankful for!!!! I cannot wait to see what the good Lord has in store for us in 2009!!!!

I wish you all a safe, happy and Blessed new year!!!! Love you all!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Here's to another blessed and wonderful year!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

good for you. An what a lesson it is to learn that God never changes. HE will forever be there for you.

Amy said...

I hope you have a wonderful year!!